Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I can understand how it could be difficult to be in a relationship after abuse. My friends don't understand why I find it hard to date. I'm terrified of being taken advantage of. I try to tell men I want to be friends. They instantly think "friend zone". Whatever their issue. Have you considered counseling to help you through your situation?

I can understand how it could be difficult to be in a relationship after abuse. My friends don't understand why I find it hard to date. I'm terrified of being taken advantage of. I try to tell men I want to be friends. They instantly think "friend zone". Whatever their issue. Have you considered counseling to help you through your situation?

thank you for the reply...i had a diff response up but deleted it..i just need to wait a while...I did try counseling once but only made 3 sessions...it started getting deep and I wasnt ready..Have you had counseling and if so did it help? :luck:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

We understand.

Take all the time you need. It's ok, we are always here to help when you feel you can handle sharing, and if you just want to banter in chat, well, we are more than inclined to chat with you too ^.^ I hope that your process of healing goes well for you.

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found