Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello, Healing And Thriving

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this website. To date, I have been seeing a counselor through Safehouse, but sometimes I would like a place where I can chat about what I am feeling. Sometimes, I feel like it is a burden to my family and friends to talk about what happened. I am coming up on the year anniversary of the day my ex-husband forced his way into my house at gun point and raped me and feeling more anxious than usual. My heart goes out to everyone who is on this website. Only someone who has been through it can truly understand.

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

Hi, am glad you've found us and feel supported by people in similar situations. I understand that you feel like a burden on your family but you're never a burden here.

Take care!

:flowers:

Hugs xxx

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

Hello there :)

I do think you are right about only understanding if you've experienced it, it's frightening how many have experienced this kind of thing :( I am glad that you are now safe? Though completely understand the rising anxiety you are experiencing just now

All the very best and I hope to see you around the forums :flowers: