Hello everyone,

My name is Laura and im 22. Seven months ago i was raped by a stranger.( Still feels wierd saying that out loud). I stumbled across this website last week one night when i couldnt sleep. Reading all your comments makes me feel happy that im not alone in what happened to me. Most of the time im happy and the way i used to be but then i get those moments when i feel i can barely breathe. The police have caught my attacker and most my family and friends know what happened so i can talk to them but i find it hard. I hope this website can act as an escape for me so I can go back to the happy smiling carefree girl that i once was :)

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Welcome!! i am a newbie as well, have found this site very healing and validating!! best of luck on your healing journey...safe hugs!!

Hi Laura,

Welcome to Aftersilence :tealribbon:

I'm sorry for the reason you have had to come here, but at the same time glad you found us. I know sometimes this isn't easy, and it something that's easy to talk about. I hope this place gives you a safe place...and you know we're around 24/7 so whenever you feel like you need to get something out feel free to use AS :)

Mandy

Hi and welcome to AS

best wishes

karen

Hello everyone,

My name is Laura and im 22. Seven months ago i was raped by a stranger.( Still feels wierd saying that out loud). I stumbled across this website last week one night when i couldnt sleep. Reading all your comments makes me feel happy that im not alone in what happened to me. Most of the time im happy and the way i used to be but then i get those moments when i feel i can barely breathe. The police have caught my attacker and most my family and friends know what happened so i can talk to them but i find it hard. I hope this website can act as an escape for me so I can go back to the happy smiling carefree girl that i once was :)

Hi

sharing

Writing and talking about it is healing online or off on paper. takes it out of the mind and helps you to see what you may not see by thinking about it etc.

Helps you to sleep better

Thoughts?

Judith

Welcome Laura.

I hope you find comfort here.

Anna :flowers:

Edited by alp

Hello everyone,

Laura...I'm happy you found this site. It is really comforting to talk with others who have a more intimate knowledge of the kinds of things you went through, are feeling, etc. Friends and family are great and I'm glad you have that wonderful support...but sometimes you may feel that they just don't understand or want you to rush through the healing process.

I'm assuming that you are talking to a professional counselor/therapist...you have a wonderful attitude and I have no doubt that you will get through this and come out stronger on the other side.

Welcome...I hope you can draw strength from others here...

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

Hi Laura,

Welcome to After Silence :flowers:

I'm sorry for what you've been through. I am glad your attacker was caught, that is a wonderful thing. It will take time to heal; rape is an extremely traumatic thing to go through.

I'm glad you're here.

Take care,

Becky