Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here...

Hello.. I just found this site a few days ago.. I am just starting to deal with my rape that happened when I was 13, 15, and at 18. I am now 32. I have been telling myself I am OKay and I can get thru this... needless to say, we all need help at sometime, and I know that I need help to get thru this... I will write more again soon...

hi kams,

welcome to AS

im nemmie and part of the newbie support team, if you have any questions please dont hesitate to send me a message,

im pleased to see you reach out for some support here, its a wonderful site with a lot of wonderful people, i think we all tell ourselves we can get through it alone, but its good to know we are not alone and we have support here.

take care

nemmie

I am in the same boat. I am 38 and my situation happened 21 yes ago. I never really dealt with it or talked about it until a now. I hope you can find some peace soon. Just being among everyone here and reading their posts has helped.

welcome! I joined recently as well, but have found this site incredibly helpful and validating!! best of luck with your journey. I am 32 and just starting to deal with childhood abuse and a rape in college...along with an abusive soon to be ex-husband....safe hugs your way!!

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

New Here ,Thanks for this support I have just began my journey of dealing with what happened to me 30+ years ago feel so alone at times so unsure of what the future holds wish I had told someone years ago have only told my husband now feel like I cheated us out of life, It was an older brother who did this to me and He was so controling over my life I was scared to tell and so ashamed of what he did How can we hide it to where it don't even seem like it happened but you know all your life it did. :cry: So much has happened this past month I just hope I can get free from all the hurt and hurt, does anyone ever tell their grown children? what happened in the past or do you just keep it to yourself has anyone told them?I want to share my complete story later it helps so much to talk about it here. So lost right now.

Edited by mjfree

Thank-you too everyone here! It helps having a very supportive group of people that have been thru and survived the same things. I am very greatful to have found this site. To those that have just started dealing with their own situations, as I have, one thing that I learned is that we are still here. No one broke us. You are still you and still living every day. To those that hurt us... We are still here and surviving!

We do have each other for support... :)

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

Hello.. I just found this site a few days ago.. I am just starting to deal with my rape that happened when I was 13, 15, and at 18. I am now 32. I have been telling myself I am OKay and I can get thru this... needless to say, we all need help at sometime, and I know that I need help to get thru this... I will write more again soon...

:hi: