Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Sayin' Hi

Hi All,

My name is Meg and I just wanted to say hi. I was abused by several perpetrators until I was 14. I spent the next 14 years pretending none of it happened and now I'm finally trying to come to terms with it all and stop letting my history dictate my present and my future.

I'm married to a thoughtful and kind man. I found a wonderful therapist last year. I have an adorable cat that has been with me almost my entire adult life. I love knitting, gardening, cooking, biking, and good beer. I look forward to getting to know you all. I have a pretty normal life from the outside but it gets awfully lonely when very few people know the "rest of the story."

Thanks for listening!

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

Thinking of you.

Found

Hiya Meg Welcome to AS :)

I know what you mean about it getting lonely when no-one knows the full story, must admit in that way this place is a godsend for me, I hope you'll like it here too

All the best and I hope to see you around the forums :)

Thank you all for the kind welcome! (and glad to see a knitter here, too!)

Thank you all for the kind welcome! (and glad to see a knitter here, too!)

You are so very welcome.