Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I’m A Student, A Survivor And I’m Scared.

Greetings everyone! I'm new here and somewhat nervous/scared about joining. I'm a student and I work very hard, and I am also a survivor. I decided to join this online community to help with issues that have come up and also to feel not so alone. I haven't been to therapy in about three years and I'm very proud of that, but recently I feel that I need some more support. Hopefully this will help. Looking forward to talking with everyone in discussions. Thanks!

welcome to AS snowleopard7,

im nemmie and part of the newbie support team,

if you have any questions or concerns please dont hesitate to contact me by message,

im very pleased you have reached our for support and im sure you will find this an amazingly supportive site, you are not alone with your feelings and i hope you can reach out a little here,

nemmie

hi im also new today. i wasnt sure how to get started but this post seemed like a good place. I am also a student and this is my first year away from home and no one up at school knows about my past yet, im not sure if i want to share that information here when it seems like it could be a fresh start. ive never had therapy for what happened to me. everyone tried very hard to forget about it and move on. Ive had a few close friends whove tried to listen and help but ive never really talked to anyone who understands so i am happy i joined today.

:hi:

welcome to AS!

wish you all the best! :)

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Welcome to both of you!

I hope that you will find the site helpful...lots of good, honest, discussions are happening here: don't be afraid to share. You will feel better and less alone. Lots of us on here have been in similar situations and I find relief in knowing that someone else knows what I am going through...and I draw strength from fellow survivors.

Good luck!

Hi! Thanks for responding. I'm glad you joined too - it sounds like it will definitely be a good support system for you. I know so far it's helped me! A lot of schools offer free counseling services, do you know if your school does? You may not need it but I think it would be nice to know it's available to you. I also understand the need for a fresh start. I felt like that when I first went to college as well. Good luck with school & welcome!

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found