Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Never Thought I'd End Up Here... But Hello

So... I'm new here. I'm a survivor. I haven't been through the worst, but for a long time I've tried to pretend that nothing was wrong and that I was kidding myself. But now I've come to the realization that I can't just pretend nothing happened, as much as I would like to. I'm really hoping that being here will help. Just reading a lot of these posts makes me feel understood. Sometimes it's almost like hearing my own thoughts, when I read about how other survivors feel about their experiences. So it's a comfort to know that I'm not alone here. And I'm hoping that by talking to other survivors, I can finally start to climb out of the hole I've been digging for years, and along the way, maybe help someone else out of theirs, too.

Hi!

Welcome. I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes I read some of the posts on here and the only thing I can think to say in response is : I thought it was just me!

Hope it helps you.

hi lovelace, welcome to AS,

im nemmie and part of the newbie support team, so if you have any questions or concerns please dont hesitate to send me a message,

im pleased to see you reach out for support here as im sure you will be amazed at this wonderful community, i understand how you feel reading the posts but im pleased to see you realise that you are not alone on this journey, we will all climb out of that hole one day at a time,

nemmie

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

I'm a new member here too and I can definitely relate to reading other's post and feeling like it's your own thoughts. I wish you luck on your journey and I hope you can use this online community as a strong support system.

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found