Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hey All

I joined ages ago but this is my first post, I was reluctant to post as it seems mostly females are here, anyway my names Dave, im 18, I really need people to talk with who have had similiar experiences as me.

Male or female but my exp is with guys, its difficult to find anyone you can confide in as I need to keep it secret, I would be to ashamed to talk to people in real life especially friends.

anyway hi again, i hope to make friends here :)

Hi Dave, welcom ehere. :) I am female, but there is a male survivors subforum where you can discuss stuff amongst guys. Of course you are welcome to post across the board LOL. I'm sorry for what happened to you. There is no need to feel ashamed here, we've all had some form of sexual abuse.

:notalone::supportu::loveas::aswelcomesu:

Hi Dave, welcome to AS :flowers: I am glad that you have joined us. I know their are a lot more females than males on this site but men are very welcomed here. I hope that you find this site to be a great resource along your healing journey. I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

:flowers:

Sad

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

:hi: Dave

Welcome to AS!

Best wishes to you :)

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

Hi Dave, Welcome to AS :)

I can understand you feeling reluctant to post with it being mostly females here and so am really glad that you did. I'm so glad that more and more males are feeling they can speak about what has happened to them and you are very welcome here

And I know what you mean, sometimes you really do need to be able to talk with people that understand where you're coming from because they've been there - I hope that you'll find that here

All the best and hope to see you around the forums :flowers:

Welcome to AS this place has helped me move along in my healing and the members are so supportive and there is nothing too embarrassing or shameful to talk about because you will find at least 4 others who have went through or are going through the same thing. AS is a safe place and I hope you find support and healing.

Thinking of you.

Found