Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Writer, Mom, Survivor

My name isn't Cassandra, but I identify with her unheard voice.

So that's the name I've taken on, to help me battle my own dreams and prophecies.

I'm a writer - no, you don't know me: I write freelance articles and columns, not grand novels, though I hope to one day get my novel finished.

I am interrupted frequently by my three young children. They are awesome balls of energy and spirit.

Sometimes I miss the quiet.

Almost a quarter of a century ago I become a survivor, but I also became a cave-dweller - hidden in the darkness and the cold. It's time to look at the sun, plant my feet in the grass and just be me.

If I can figure out who that is.

Two positive things that came from my experience - among the multitude of harm - were my love of writing and telling the stories of our lives and my desire to help other people. I hope that eventually I can use those skills for my own story.

But I'm not ready yet.

Cassandra-

Welcome I have been on this site constantly for 2 days now trying to figure out my problem. I like you have a knack for helping everyone else but when it comes to me I am completely cluseless. I too also write for my self nothing to be published. If you ever need anything I am here so far this has been one of the best decisions I have made in my life by joining this site I hope you feel the same my thoughts and prayers are with you Good luck in your recovery. :notalone:

Hi, Cassandra! I feel like I can really relate to you...it's been almost a quarter of a century since the end of my torment, and I also have three young children that don't give me a moment's peace. I dream of being a writer and have started looking into freelancing a little, but I haven't had the courage or confidence yet to bid on a project. A friend of mine told me that I should write my autobiography and tell my story. I am SOOOOO not ready to think about the world reading that much about me at this point, but maybe someday.

I hope you find the support you need on this site. I joined a few days ago, and so far it's been really wonderful and supportive. It's a safe place. I'm here to talk or just listen if you need a friend.

Hi, Cassandra! I feel like I can really relate to you...it's been almost a quarter of a century since the end of my torment, and I also have three young children that don't give me a moment's peace. I dream of being a writer and have started looking into freelancing a little, but I haven't had the courage or confidence yet to bid on a project. A friend of mine told me that I should write my autobiography and tell my story. I am SOOOOO not ready to think about the world reading that much about me at this point, but maybe someday.

I hope you find the support you need on this site. I joined a few days ago, and so far it's been really wonderful and supportive. It's a safe place. I'm here to talk or just listen if you need a friend.

hey there! welcome to AS! I'm glad breakable has found this place helpful, i know i have! This is a great place because you can get good information, good advice, and safe anonymous support.

You are most welcome here :)

Rosalie

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Welcome -

I hope you find comfort here and I know you will be able to look at the sun and plant your feet in the grass, you deserve it.

Anna :flowers:

Cassandra-

Welcome I have been on this site constantly for 2 days now trying to figure out my problem. I like you have a knack for helping everyone else but when it comes to me I am completely cluseless. I too also write for my self nothing to be published. If you ever need anything I am here so far this has been one of the best decisions I have made in my life by joining this site I hope you feel the same my thoughts and prayers are with you Good luck in your recovery. :notalone:

Thanks PR,

I really had no idea how much I wasn't helping myself until recently. Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers, and the same to you.

Thanks Breakable - and keep in touch about the writing. It's a tough field to break into and make a proper go of. I'll help you however I can.

hey there! welcome to AS! I'm glad breakable has found this place helpful, i know i have! This is a great place because you can get good information, good advice, and safe anonymous support.

You are most welcome here :)

Rosalie

Thanks Rosalie. I feel "most welcome" already!

Hi Cassandra, Welcome to AS from a fellow cave dweller :)

Take care and hope to see you around the forums :flowers:

Thanks Blossums,

My cave at least has a lovely waterfall - how's yours? :)

Welcome -

I hope you find comfort here and I know you will be able to look at the sun and plant your feet in the grass, you deserve it.

Anna :flowers:

Thanks Anna,

I really appreciate the lovely sentiment.

Thanks Breakable - and keep in touch about the writing. It's a tough field to break into and make a proper go of. I'll help you however I can.

I will definitely do that! I really appreciate your advice and support. It's a scary step, one I'm not sure I'm ready for at this point, but I have to start at some point. It's nice to know there's someone I can bounce ideas off of.