Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Hi everyone!

I don't really know what to say about myself but here goes. My names Sarah and i'm 16. I was abused by a member of my family which started about 6years ago and stopped 1 or 2 years after. I'm now hoping to talk to and make friends with people who have been through the same and also hoping that i can help people as much as i can. My parents found out this year but before that i only had friends on the internet to talk to but for the first few years i had no one and i don't want anyone to feel like their alone. Well i guess thats it really xx

p.s do you think i should have put *T* in the title?

Welcome to AS .. :hug:

Welcome Sarah,

I'm sorry to hear what happend to you.

It's hard dealing with it alone, and it's great to have a place like this at time's.

Hope you'll find what youre looking for here.

:hug:

Love,

SLG

Hi Sarah! No, I think it's fine you didn't put *T* in the title. We usually only do that if our message contains details that may be upsetting or triggering to others. Your post, at least to me, is fine! Welcome to the board. This is a wonderful group of people and I'm glad you found us :)

:hug:

Kelly

Howdy and welcome. I'm sorry about what happened to you but I'm glad you're here! Welcome to AS hun!

Sarah...

I just wanted to say hey because you sound a lot like me at your age. :) I'm 25 now... but I went through similar stuff as a child/teenager. I also was abused by a family member (uncle), and my parents found out when I was 15... and before I could tell my parents, only had online friends to talk to about it.

it can be a tough time--it sounds like you're pretty strong, though. Have your parents been supportive?

Welcome to the forum Sarah. I hope you are able to find the comfort and support here you are looking for.

Hi and thanks everyone!

jessica_rose they have tried to be supportive but i prefer not to talk about it to them and its hard as two ofmmy brothers dont know - well one might. Its also hard for them because they are stuck between me and the person who hurt me. But yeah they are trying their best. xx

welcome Sarah :bighug:

~charlene~

hey sarah

i hope u find what u r looking 4 here. i was sexually abused also by a family member from age 7 to 12/13. i never told anyone till i was 16. not even on the internet. i'm now 17. if u wanna chat to a chikki ur age my e-mail is rosicles@yahoo.com.au. hope all works out well 4 u if i don't hear from u.

amy

Sarah,

I am sorry for what you had to go through, I can relate all to well. I too was in the same position as you were. I am here if you ever need to talk. Welcome to After Silence sweetie

:hug::hug:

Linds

jessica_rose they have tried to be supportive but i prefer not to talk about it to them and its hard as two ofmmy brothers dont know - well one might. Its also hard for them because they are stuck between me and the person who hurt me. But yeah they are trying their best. xx

Daydreamer--I totally understand how that is! That's exactly how it was for me, for years and years with my family & they also felt very torn between me and my abuser. as long as you don't blame yourself for what your family goes through--I did that to myself for years & it is a waste of time and energy. you've done the best you can by being honest with them and I'm glad they try to support you...

xox

Welcome to AS!!!!! :)

this is the best place on earth and i hope you can begin to heal like so many of us have here. and im one of them!!! we're all here for you.

God bless, kristine