Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi From A Fellow Survivor

I recently found this forum after searching for support groups. I am a survivor of rape. It happened almost 3 years ago but I've only now wanted to talk about it and get help. I shut that part of my life down but one of my best friends recently told me he was in love with me and i realised that if I was going to have a relationship with him then I needed to tell hime the truth and talk about what happened with other survivors. When my nightmares started again recently I realised that enough was enough and that by not getting help, I was letting the man that did this win and the silence was poisonous to me.

I'm really grateful that this forum is here and want to become an ective participant. I'm not comfortable with therapy, having had it before for other reasons, and I think that I will find this more beneficial for me anyway.

So that's a brief overview of why i'm here and I really hope to talk to some of you soon

xxx

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Hi, and Welcome to AS :)

Think it's ever so common for us to react to things like this by trying to just get on with life. It sounds like you are ready to start dealing with this now, good for you, and I hope to see you around the forums

Best wishes :flowers:

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

Thinking of you.

Found