Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Which Way Is The Floor?

I would never admit that I was abused, after all I did not do everything in my power to stop it. Even typing here, resistance flows throw me rippling waves of anxiety.

I would like to be able to trust someone. I am not even sure I belong here.

Tribia,

That must have been very hard to write out. I know what you mean when you say that you didn't do everything in your power to stop it. I was there, too. But, we are both here now. I'm glad you came to AS. I have found it very helpful to read through what others have posted on here - and not just for their miraculous stories but, the way people are so supportive and nice to each other on here...

It's a very good thing what you are doing and I'm glad you're here.

Welcome to As.

I think you will find that you are not alone here. This is a very supportive site.

We do not know how to stop it. I thought the same thing, but now realize that regardless, I had no power to stop it.

Do not blame yourself, I hope you find comfort here.

Anna :flowers:

Tribia,

Welcome to AS.

It is a long road to healing, but so worth it in the end.

I too had felt like I deserved what happened, as it was a situation I put myself in. However, it does NOT excuse them for what they did. Under stressful situations like that, people do tend to react differently than they normally would, and perps have a horrid way of manipulating people to feel that this is something that must happen . . . or else . . .

No matter the situation, it wasn't your fault.

Mandi

Welcome to AS. :hi:

I'm glad you found this place to start healing.

I want to honour your courage for even reaching out to find a site like this, let alone type what you did.

It's not about "doing everything in your power to stop it". It's about the fact that it should never happened in the first place at all. There are so many reasons why so many of us here couldn't scream, couldn't fight, couldn't say anything, couldn't do all the things we would have wanted to do to the perpetrator in hindsight. So many reasons.

What matters, is that you have survived and that you are taking steps to heal.

Welcome.

Welcome :flowers:

You are definitely not alone. I'm glad you found us.

Welcome Tribia to Aftersilence :)

You're not alone here, we're all here to support you :) - even if you did absolutely nothing to stop what occurred it's not your fault - it's the perps fault, they shouldn't have done what they did, you shouldn't have to try and stop those thing happening, as they shouldn't be willing to do them in the first place.

Thank-you for coming here and seeking out support :flowers:

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

I would never admit that I was abused, after all I did not do everything in my power to stop it. Even typing here, resistance flows throw me rippling waves of anxiety.

Hi

sharing

I am sorry your hurting. You did what you could to survive. It is hard to write and talk about it. but it is healing when you can do it. maybe writing about it on paper can help etc. It takes time to get through the fear/anxiety.

It takes time to trust someone and people have to earn your trust from you. This is the best place to be.

It takes time to open up.

Thoughts?

Judith

:flowers: TRUST is a big thing...I still struggle with it......welcome though and hope you find the support here :flowers:

Thank you all for the warm welcome...

I do know know how to think about it. I have never told anyone. It is a lot of gray area.

Up until recently I have been ignoring it. It is my only regret.

Thank you all for the warm welcome...

I do know know how to think about it. I have never told anyone. It is a lot of gray area.

Up until recently I have been ignoring it. It is my only regret.

You're welcome.

i hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found