Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi There

Hi, my name is Noor. I’m from the Netherlands, 35 years old and I have a beautiful baby boy who’s almost one year old. I’m raising him by myself at the moment. I have a nice job and a nice group of friends around me. I like to read, write, travel and photography.

I have been trying to deal with something that happened when I was little for quite a few years now, but I never dared to really face it. This past year is when I finally started making some progress in therapy. This is happening with some ups and many downs, which are frightening to me.

Lately, I constantly feel the urge to talk about what happened, but circumstances don’t allow for that to happen with my friends much. They are there for me in many other ways, but for some reason I feel reluctant to actually talk to them. And then I came across this website, and I hope that being here will make me feel less isolated with this story that I can’t seem to shake.

Noor

HI there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Welcome to After silence :)

It's understandable not wishing to talk to your friends about this, it's a very sensitive topic, and often it is easier to talk to others who have been through similar experience to your own, like the people here at AS. I find it very hard to talk to my IRL friends about what happened to me also.

Therapy is a great step forward and I'm very pleased to hear you've decided to go to a therapist, they're a massive support. It totally natural to have ups and downs in therapy - I remember when I was in therapy it was very much the same.

I'm glad you've come across this website also - there is one thing that is for sure at AS, you're not alone, we're all survivors here, and you're not alone in your healing journey here from what you've experienced :flowers:

Hi, my name is Noor. I’m from the Netherlands, 35 years old and I have a beautiful baby boy who’s almost one year old. I’m raising him by myself at the moment. I have a nice job and a nice group of friends around me. I like to read, write, travel and photography.

I have been trying to deal with something that happened when I was little for quite a few years now, but I never dared to really face it. This past year is when I finally started making some progress in therapy. This is happening with some ups and many downs, which are frightening to me.

Lately, I constantly feel the urge to talk about what happened, but circumstances don’t allow for that to happen with my friends much. They are there for me in many other ways, but for some reason I feel reluctant to actually talk to them. And then I came across this website, and I hope that being here will make me feel less isolated with this story that I can’t seem to shake.

Noor

Hi

sharing

writing and talking is what helps you to heal. I am willing to listen and respond. feel to write me in PM. I am in the US. CST

don't be afraid to share details in PM to me. private message. if doing it on here is troubling.

thoughts

Judith

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found