Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

-= Never Done This Before =-

Normally when I'm asked to introduce myself, I would say my name and that I'm a college student and am working towards a degree in computer information systems. I would get into some big long story about how I started out in fine arts trying for interior design and end up with computers...

Not today.

Today I need to tell someone that I was abused many years ago and many times by my brother. Been living under the same roof since then. He sleeps in the room next to mine. As a matter of fact, I hear him snoring this very minute.

I am not just some college student working towards some degree; I am also a victim of sexual abuse.

Most days I can't deal with that fact. Even more days I feel like I'm the only one in this kind of situation with no one to talk to.

Thank god for the internet, right? Found sites like this one and RAINN.

Hi darkblue, welcome. Many of us here, incl. me, were abused by our brothers. There is hope & healing here! :wave:

Sending all of my support! :hug:

It's not an easy thing to come out and talk about abuse. You are very brave and strong! I am very proud of you! I agree, thank god for the internet! I find this website to be a very helpful outlet. And know that you are not alone with this situation. Just letting you know you were heard and that I understand. I can also relate to being abused by a family member and having to see them still. It's not easy. Have you told anyone that you can trust? Take care of yourself. :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

Yeah. My boyfriend knows and he listens and gets really mad about it then really upset and says sorry a lot.

My parents know, too. My mom walked in when I was trying to put back on my shirt. I got whipped that night by my dad and his belt.

If I bring up the topic at home, my mom tells me to quit being melodramatic or that she just doesn't want to hear it.

Oh and my other brothers and sister don't know. I don't know when or if I'll ever tell them. I'm super protective of my sister - no one can ever hurt her. <3

Edited by darkblue
Normally when I'm asked to introduce myself, I would say my name and that I'm a college student and am working towards a degree in computer information systems. I would get into some big long story about how I started out in fine arts trying for interior design and end up with computers...

Not today.

Today I need to tell someone that I was abused many years ago and many times by my brother. Been living under the same roof since then. He sleeps in the room next to mine. As a matter of fact, I hear him snoring this very minute.

I am not just some college student working towards some degree; I am also a victim of sexual abuse.

Most days I can't deal with that fact. Even more days I feel like I'm the only one in this kind of situation with no one to talk to.

Thank god for the internet, right? Found sites like this one and RAINN.

dude i just found this site & this is my very first post. i had the same bro situation. living there & he's f*ing there too. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. you are sooooo not alone, no brilliant advice yet but hugs hugs hugs to you & hope we both find some peace here. i'm on a mission.

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Hello darkblue :flowers:

Yes, thank god for the internet :) I hope that this site and RAINN can help you know that there will always be someone to hear your story. And i hope your brothers' wotsits fall off :angry:

Best wishes, and hope to see you around the forum :)

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

Thinking of you.

Found