Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi There.

Hello. I am a sex abuse survivor. My father abused me and my sisters until I was 16 and I came forward. He pled guilty and went to prison and died there a couple of years later from esophageal cancer. I have been able to heal and move on. I have a good life, now. But I still feel the need to reach out to others and talk. I also recently started a blog at http://fromhopelesstohopeful.blogspot.com in hopes of making a difference for others with my thoughts and my story.

A couple of years ago I was also sexually assaulted by another family member. I didn't include that story on my blog because I decided to keep it more directed against child abuse. Because it is most heartbreaking when a child is hurt. But also because it is still fresh and too painful sometimes to face. Not just the assault by this person but the treatment from other family members that were angry at me. Not because they didn't believe me (they know it to be true) but because I came forward with it. They believe in pushing things like that under the rug. So they showered the perpetrator with love and support and shut me out. And since so many members of my family were well loved and respected in that town, he walks free to this day to hurt others; As he has done in the past, only to be bailed out by the family.

For a while I let the hurt and anger take control of my life. And I was so miserable. I am now finding healing again and letting myself forgive, even though they have never expressed remorse. There are family members that I have cut from my life, though. Because if I will allow them to stay in my life they will only be poisonous to my spiritual growth. And although the pain is never truly gone, I am happy with my life. I have a wonderful husband and son and 4 awesome step-kids.

I look forward to meeting new people and hearing their stories.

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

Thinking of you.

Found