Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hyvää

Hi and welcome to AS

Hope all goes well with the first session

best wishes

karen

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Hi I would like to say welcome. There are alot of really great people here, who are very supportive and that you can relate to. Take care and god bless. :)

:hi:

Welcome to AS! :flowers:

Hope you will get supports,love and caring as much as I do here

Best wishes for everything!

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

just made my first apointement to see a T for this weekend. Have no idea what I'm in for

My Session went well

I've put this off for 23 years. Told myself I had too much to deal with most the time like school, kids, work, caregiving, I guess I thought that my rape would evaporate by the time I got around to staring it in the face.

I spent the time between when I made the apt on thrusday until I saw the doctor, going over in my mind what I was going to say. I'm very logical and not so emotional so I was scared to death that I was going to sit and ball my eyes out.

Well I'm happy to say I didn't melt like I thought and I was able to cut through all that self speak that I had piled in my brain before the apt and actually get a grip.

I figure that I will be crying before this ordeal is over with( I come to grips with my broken part) but thank god it didn't happen on the first session. I just might come back.

Hi Redwall,

I'm glad to hear you made it through your first session and that you were able to tell your story in a way that felt okay for you.

Over the course of your healing, you might come to feel that your emotions are a release, and something helpful, instead of something too difficult to bear.

Good luck, and it sounds like you are off to a good start with it... :luck:

hi redwall. and welcome to AS, my name is nemmie and im a member of the newbie support team, im very pleased to see your first t session went well, and that you will go back to see her, i understand how busy life can get with kids etc but im pleased to see you are now taking the time for yourself to heal,

please feel free to contact me if you need anything

nemmie

just made my first apointement to see a T for this weekend. Have no idea what I'm in for

Hi

sharing usually they are just introductory sessions.

Judith