SnowDragon24

What Did You Do For You Today?

Today I worked on my novel for a solid hour, let myself get lost in characters and scene and plot. It felt good.

Today I snuggled Furball until she nearly fell asleep in my lap. You could say she was almost cat-atonic.....

I spoke to my boss about a new procedure that has been driving me nuts, and suggested a compromise. Not only did he agree, but later he thanked me for talking to him about it! :ohmy:

I got the front rooms tidied up. :) Probably sounds small but when we were living in the trailor with the roomie it was IMPOSSIBLE to keep anything clean. I take pride in being a housewife,and one of those sources of pride is a clean house. :-)

I was quiet when I didn't want to talk.

Usually I'll force myself to be Suzy Sunshine when I'm out and about...today I didn't want to talk, so I didn't.

Honestly? Gave myself permission to cuss like a sailor when I broke a bone in my foot. Hurt like hell and frankly it felt good to scream like a lunatic.

Honestly? Gave myself permission to cuss like a sailor when I broke a bone in my foot. Hurt like hell and frankly it felt good to scream like a lunatic.

Good for you!

Today I had an incredibly intense session with Aqua, so I made a point to pay attention to my body afterward. Couldn't eat much, but made a point to drink as much water as I could.

And I didn't even try to prepare a lesson for Grey this week. She knows (some of) what I'm dealing with right now, and will understand if I cancel class.

Secured a mentor who might be able to help me publish my book

Tamed the mess monster in the living room (slightly)

Cut an old ruined blanket up to line a pair of pants, so I can stay warm this winter on days when I ride my bike or take the bus

Spoke assertively about my views on social inequality and poverty

Today I drank a lot of water

...sorry y'all. That's all I've got.

I spent an hour with a lap full of cat.

BTW, a moving pen is a near-irresistible lure to a pounce-happy kitten. In other news, we have GOT to trim that critter's claws!

I spent the day at my local botanical garden, had a lovely lunch, and did a couple great sketches!

Instead of cleaning my house this afternoon, or getting ahead on homework, or any other number of things I should be doing...

I did the bare minimum required to sustain a functional household (made cereal, did dishes) and then sat on my behind on my couch, posting on here and sewing on a non-essential project. I've been chillaxing since 4pm with no plans for significant further productivity.

I choose to relax after finishing up todays housework and later im probably going to make myself a drink and chill with my husband...