SnowDragon24

What Did You Do For You Today?

1,251 posts in this topic

Today I pulled out my sketchbook when I started to get overwhelmed. And when things got waaaaaaaay past what I could cope with, I went home.

I spent time with my family for thanksgiving and actually let go of everything so I could just enjoy myself for a change and I did

I slept in, took a relaxing bath, I did the house work.

Today I wrote. And wrote. And wrote. And still gonna write some more.

It feels good to have my creative groove!

Slept in, drew pictures, finished some old sewing projects, admired my Christmas tree and thought about how very much has changed in my life in the past few years.

I baby-sat 5 grandchildren while my daughter could go earn some money in her business. Being 63 and taking care of 5 children is certainly different than raising 8 children during my 20's- 30's and 40's. My health was better then- but I do not want to complain- I am just glad that I can help my daughter and her family in some small way! My exhusband came by...he is getting ready for major surgery...he wants to divide the last of our household items- which means he probably will sell our house. I feel sad...now I feel the pain that I am really losing the only home I have ever loved or cared for...and dividing up the possessions- "one for you, one for me.." ...40 years of having to put up with his verbal abuse and now it is coming down to this- ending with nothing! and all because he could not treat me good...

I watched an ice skating special on TV...turned up the volume and just enjoyed!

I baby-sat 5 grandchildren while my daughter could go earn some money in her business. Being 63 and taking care of 5 children is certainly different than raising 8 children during my 20's- 30's and 40's. My health was better then- but I do not want to complain- I am just glad that I can help my daughter and her family in some small way! My exhusband came by...he is getting ready for major surgery...he wants to divide the last of our household items- which means he probably will sell our house. I feel sad...now I feel the pain that I am really losing the only home I have ever loved or cared for...and dividing up the possessions- "one for you, one for me.." ...40 years of having to put up with his verbal abuse and now it is coming down to this- ending with nothing! and all because he could not treat me good...

((((hugs)))) if ok. I'm sorry you are losing your home like this.

I'm skipping out on my roommate's birthday party cause I really just need to be quiet right now.

Edited by ViciousCirce

I made a canvas bag "draft" of the bags I hope to make for my homeless box. Measured some recycled shirts that I have and found three that are large enough, to make two bags each, also I found some fleece to line hats with. I'm pretty excited. This project has me galvanized right now, and every step towards the next level of completion is a huge deal for me.

Sounds amazing, Stats!

Today I was really upset when I got to art T. (Teacher later said the anger was thick enough to cut with a knife when she came in)

So I used that time, art T with Teacher to process what had me so upset. I did NOT stuff the emotion, I did NOT downplay it. I said exactly what I was feeling, not bothering to censor. She has never seen me that mad, and it felt kind of good to let it loose in a place where I knew it couldn't hurt anyone or anything. For maybe the first time with her (ever? it's possible) I laid out every single emotional card I was holding.

I also asked for markers to start with, rather than oil pastels. And when I drew, I did not self-censor like I often do.

And by the end of class, I was smiling and speaking clearly. Victory!

I actually allowed myself to eat guilt free even though it was still kind of healthy

Today I bought myself some birthday presents: New gloves, a salt stone lamp (that I've been coveting for years) and two semi-precious gemstone pendants. None of that stuff was on my "need" list...which is why I smile every time I look at any of it!

I slept in and didn't do the housework like I usually would

I got myself some chocolates.

let myself relax for a change

I turned off the radio with its endless loop of Christmas music and spent the whole afternoon and evening listening to random stuff that's on my hard drive. It was so nice I may just let it play all night and forget the radio!

I spent a good half hour belting out Christmas carols at the top of my lungs while I made a gift for Ladybug and Bee. And I'm tall, so the top of my lungs means it was really loud LOL!!!

decided to not do the housework and download my new autographed cd from a local singer instead

I okayed a few little purchases to make some of the Inside crowd happy.

And even though the furnace is working fine now, I moved the space heater back in here. Toasty!