Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

What Did You Do For You Today?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the front rooms tidied up. :) Probably sounds small but when we were living in the trailor with the roomie it was IMPOSSIBLE to keep anything clean. I take pride in being a housewife,and one of those sources of pride is a clean house. :-)

Honestly? Gave myself permission to cuss like a sailor when I broke a bone in my foot. Hurt like hell and frankly it felt good to scream like a lunatic.

Good for you!

Today I had an incredibly intense session with Aqua, so I made a point to pay attention to my body afterward. Couldn't eat much, but made a point to drink as much water as I could.

And I didn't even try to prepare a lesson for Grey this week. She knows (some of) what I'm dealing with right now, and will understand if I cancel class.

Secured a mentor who might be able to help me publish my book

Tamed the mess monster in the living room (slightly)

Cut an old ruined blanket up to line a pair of pants, so I can stay warm this winter on days when I ride my bike or take the bus

Spoke assertively about my views on social inequality and poverty

I spent an hour with a lap full of cat.

BTW, a moving pen is a near-irresistible lure to a pounce-happy kitten. In other news, we have GOT to trim that critter's claws!

Instead of cleaning my house this afternoon, or getting ahead on homework, or any other number of things I should be doing...

I did the bare minimum required to sustain a functional household (made cereal, did dishes) and then sat on my behind on my couch, posting on here and sewing on a non-essential project. I've been chillaxing since 4pm with no plans for significant further productivity.

I stayed outside as much as possible. It was a perfect October day, golden sun and the sky too blue to be real. I splurged on Burger King, and bought myself 3 CDs from a music and games shop.

It was a lovely day.

A guy (who I've seen on the bus many times) boarded the bus I was on, shouting into his phone, clearly having a breaking-up level argument with his girlfriend. He then sat directly behind me.

So why am I putting this in "What Did You Do For You Today"? My reaction to said guy.

I got off the bus. It didn't matter when I got home, and I figured it highly unlikely that he would somehow materialize on the next bus I caught. So I bailed, leaving him to stew in his negativity. It was a long wait, but I bought a soda and enjoyed sitting in the sunshine. It was, all things considered, a pleasant couple of hours. MUCH nicer than spending the whole ride downtown listening to him yell and plead by turns!

So yeah. I got off the bus waaaaaaaaaay before my stop, drank a soda, and enjoyed the sun. Nice. :)