Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

What Did You Do For You Today?

Banana cream pie && indie singers/songwriters station on pandora :) I also let myself see the beauty in the things around me and refused to let myself be cynical about a single thing :) :) :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed to look myself in the eye in the mirror today. I know how small that sounds but its a huge step for me. Ive got brown eyes and I totally forgot Ive got a slightly darker rim around the edges.

I managed to look myself in the eye in the mirror today. I know how small that sounds but its a huge step for me. Ive got brown eyes and I totally forgot Ive got a slightly darker rim around the edges.

Good for you, Shyla! I'm not good at looking myself in the eyes, so I can see how that's a big deal. Good for you!

I stayed in bed this morning

I got dressed instead of lounging around in jammies

i called in and listened to my church instead of forcing myself to get up and be presentable to other people

i took naps

I went to a craniosacral therapy appointment

i ate cookies

I bought myself new clothes! I always thought I didnt deserve new clothes because I havent lost weight, and I always told myself I'd buy the clothes I want to wear once I do, but today I just got tired of looking shlumpy so i bought myself new clothes that are colorful and pretty...because I deserve to wear clothes I like

I bought myself new clothes! I always thought I didnt deserve new clothes because I havent lost weight, and I always told myself I'd buy the clothes I want to wear once I do, but today I just got tired of looking shlumpy so i bought myself new clothes that are colorful and pretty...because I deserve to wear clothes I like

Yay, Sunshyne! Even Copper the shop-a-phobe goes for new clothes time to time. :P Glad you had fun and feel good about them!

Went out to a restaurant. I really enjoyed myself there. :cloud9:

Yay, Sunshyne! Even Copper the shop-a-phobe goes for new clothes time to time. :P Glad you had fun and feel good about them!

Thanks Copper, it feels nice to be nice to oneself, lol :throb:

• 1 month later...

I finally called my grocery store and gave them a piece of my mind about their nasty store-brand food. I recently bought some frozen beans and they turned $8 worth of food purple and nasty, which is almost half of my food for the week, my grocery budget is $20. So I called them just to vent it and inform them that they kept me hungry this week, I lost at least a pound, and unloaded various other complaints about their store brand food. They gave me $2 back on my card to buy more beans...which is a quarter of what I lost, but hey. I'm just glad that I stood up for myself and my right to edible food.

Today I listened to my instinct and ate what I felt I needed (more than I'll usually eat in that situation). As it turns out I really needed the extra energy and wouldn't have made it home if I hadn't paid attention to my gut instead of my social mask.