Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

What Did You Do For You Today?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked to a woman online about a nanny job that I can bring my son with me. Trying to get back into the working force, :)

good for you Atlantis :flowers:

I took my little cousins (2 & 4) to soft play and ran around like a lunatic, then we went to the park and played on the swings and had a picnic and fed the ducks. Fun fun fun!

Awesome Scared1!! I bet that was fun! :clap:

You so deserved it!

I literally slept most of the day. Needed the rest!! Also, I took a break from my theater monologue and went for a nice loooooong walk up the road- experienced some new trails that I was too afraid to travel on before. :P

It was SUCH an easyyyyy day, I had to record it in my calender. ;)

:lol:

• 3 months later...

I don't know if it was just for me, I think it was for us, but I spent time with my girlfriend, went to movies etc, slept over, and then spent some more time with her. It was really lovely :throb:

droped the children at daycare and school, came home, did NO housework, called NO one, did NO chores, sat down and meditated, drew and coloured, cryed, just for me. (now time to get up and do what i did not, but the me time was needed and nice)

• 2 months later...

Took a time out and went swimming for a looooong time.

Got off my heiney and took a 3 mile power walk.

I exercised

I went to therapy

I cried from grief over positive things that I had never claimed as my own (achievements) and things that had been taken away from me by my abuse

I made a pact with myself to actively work towards self-acceptance, self-forgiveness, and someday self-Love

I bought this gift from the universe for myself....it is at least 18 inches wide, huge and glowing,...you can't really see the rainbow color in the wings but it's there. Shimmery and translucent at the same time. And the round pieces in her wings are faceted like gems. I call her a gift from the universe because I walked into an artisan store after therapy just to look at all the amzingly beautiful things there (I love artwork) to cheer myself up after a very emotional T session. I immediately was drawn to the center of the store where all of the stained glass work is hung from these grids in the ceiling...it's like being in a colored forest, sort of...hard to describe. Just a riot of color and elegant shapes everywhere when you look up. I find the colorful chaos soothing. I always look, because while I would love most of these pieces in my home, they are always out of my price range. Especially since I've been trying NOT to spend money on things I don't need! So anyway, I see this fairy girl, sort of hugging herself, or maybe she is stopping herself from saying something, the way that her hands are crossed over her throat - I was just mesmerized by her. She wasn't bursting with color a way a lot of the other pieces were, but I was drawn to her nevertheless. She had a quiet dignity and softness about her that I felt calmed just looking at her. I was afraid to look at the price. I almost didn't. When I did my jaw dropped. It was about one THIRD of the price of the other pieces of a similar size. Forty-five dollars? I thought maybe she forgot to put the 100 in front of it. I looked at another piece by the same artist a few feet over, with as much detail and roughly the same size, and it was 155. I told the sales lady I thought there was a mistake on the tag, so she looked it up in the book (it's a cooperative, so they have everything listed in a book also under the artist's account). No, she said, that's correct, it's $45. So I said - "I think I'm meant to have this", + oddly enough, the woman behind the desk said "That's funny, I do too, don't ask me why...must be a gift from the universe". I always say this about pleasant things and coincidences I see patterns of - gifts from the universe. So here she is....

OK, so after all that lead in, I can't seem to copy and paste my jpeg here....huh.

Anyway, she is just beautiful. You'll just have to use your imagination. :)

I went to therapy

I cried from grief over positive things that I had never claimed as my own (achievements) and things that had been taken away from me by my abuse

I made a pact with myself to actively work towards self-acceptance, self-forgiveness, and someday self-Love

I bought this gift from the universe for myself....it is at least 18 inches wide, huge and glowing,...you can't really see the rainbow color in the wings but it's there. Shimmery and translucent at the same time. And the round pieces in her wings are faceted like gems. I call her a gift from the universe because I walked into an artisan store after therapy just to look at all the amzingly beautiful things there (I love artwork) to cheer myself up after a very emotional T session. I immediately was drawn to the center of the store where all of the stained glass work is hung from these grids in the ceiling...it's like being in a colored forest, sort of...hard to describe. Just a riot of color and elegant shapes everywhere when you look up. I find the colorful chaos soothing. I always look, because while I would love most of these pieces in my home, they are always out of my price range. Especially since I've been trying NOT to spend money on things I don't need! So anyway, I see this fairy girl, sort of hugging herself, or maybe she is stopping herself from saying something, the way that her hands are crossed over her throat - I was just mesmerized by her. She wasn't bursting with color a way a lot of the other pieces were, but I was drawn to her nevertheless. She had a quiet dignity and softness about her that I felt calmed just looking at her. I was afraid to look at the price. I almost didn't. When I did my jaw dropped. It was about one THIRD of the price of the other pieces of a similar size. Forty-five dollars? I thought maybe she forgot to put the 100 in front of it. I looked at another piece by the same artist a few feet over, with as much detail and roughly the same size, and it was 155. I told the sales lady I thought there was a mistake on the tag, so she looked it up in the book (it's a cooperative, so they have everything listed in a book also under the artist's account). No, she said, that's correct, it's $45. So I said - "I think I'm meant to have this", + oddly enough, the woman behind the desk said "That's funny, I do too, don't ask me why...must be a gift from the universe". I always say this about pleasant things and coincidences I see patterns of - gifts from the universe. So here she is....

OK, so after all that lead in, I can't seem to copy and paste my jpeg here....huh.

Anyway, she is just beautiful. You'll just have to use your imagination. :)

I really liked hearing about your gift from the universe. :)

Today I interviewed for a nanny job and went over to the apartment management office to get papers signed before we transfer over to our 2 bedroom apt. I know, I did it for the family.... but I felt good doing both.

Early this morning I drove to Church. The doors were open as I had hoped. I had a very long and peaceful time alone with God. Very good for my soul.

Wrote a letter to a friend who is in bed ill today.

Talked with my little parrots when I got home. They listened!

Katherine :flowers:

Went swimming for a good 40 minutes, and intermittently yelled about how selfish some people can be. It felt great, and thank goodness I was alone. :P

• 2 months later...

Rested.

Cried all day long and all night... letting go of the past.

Ill feel good in the morning.

:hug::hug::hug: hugs to you!!!