Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

What Did You Do For You Today?

MD cardinals are the red birds with um, the thingy, the little swoopy feathers behind their heads, like a pony tail, but not. like an aerodynamic cycling helemt. They have black highlights and little cheeps. the females are more brown with a few red highlights. they mate for life and are just gorgeous. we have lots here on our land

sounds like fun with your son's GF :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MD cardinals are the red birds with um, the thingy, the little swoopy feathers behind their heads, like a pony tail, but not. like an aerodynamic cycling helemt. They have black highlights and little cheeps. the females are more brown with a few red highlights. they mate for life and are just gorgeous. we have lots here on our land

sounds like fun with your son's GF :)

Thank you SC. This is clearly a learning environment. Now I know what red cardinals are and you know what bollocks are. Yea for lifelong learning.!!! lol

My fiance & I had a good dinner with my dad, stepmom, and half-siblings. Then, we watched a movie together and laughed and it was nice to laugh with meaning again. Sometimes I forget how awesome it feels to laugh.

My week is going to be hellish so I will look back on those moments to get me through.

I took my little cousin out for a 'treat day'. We had a picnic at the park and played on the swings until we were dizzy. Then had our hair done. Then we watched a DVD with lots of junk food and did 'makeovers' (fyi don't let a 12 year old do your eye makeup-ow!) Fab day with lots of laughter :flowers:

I'm thinking about going upstairs to take a LONG bath. I've had a horrible day, and tomorrow is going to be just as bad.

I have to have a secondary MRI, and I'm taking my practice test for my State board exam. I failed the last one by a few points, so if I don't pass this next one, then I have to take another semester instead of graduating. I'm so nervous, and STRESSED OUT.

ugh.

i just know i'm going to be up all night studying, too. :(

I'm jealous! It was sleeting here earlier IN APRIL.

I bought a tree! But not just any old tree, that'd be too boring... It's a tree that has fluffy pink pompoms of flowers on the branches and has been cut so it has a load of bonkers branches that kind of explode at the top, by this time next year it'll look like the tail on a clipped pink poodle! How cool is that! :woot:

And as if just owning it wasn't fun enough driving home in a tiny car with it laid through from the passenger footwell to the boot was hillarious as well. And to think... I always thought gardening was grown up!

Guest lam_scot
I met my new neighbours, who seem lovely.

I`ll see my baby niece or nephew this afternoon (in a scan), it`s been 8 weeks since the last one so very excited about it.

OMG, I just accidentally came onto that post. My nephew is now almost 8 months old, after being a premmie and spending 3 weeks in SCBU, going back into hosp at 10 weeks for major surgery and now being absolutely fine.

I saw him today, and as usual he`s adoreable.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went and had my hair done. It looks fabulous!

I sat on my big fat behind and did nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!! I chilled out and dozed on the couch covered in animals! ha ha! I love fur!!!! (So long as its attached to the original owner of course!)

Cat

Phoned the head office of the company who make my bath products to complain about them discontinuing my favourite clenser!

I registered for Economics which is the last class that I need in order to finish my degree!

Yay for you, Kaylee! :)

Today, I sat down and read a book that was not school-related.

Sat down in my comfy office chair and put my feet up and watched the wildlife outside - Oyster Catchers, Lapwings, rabbits, etc while I munched on 2 big meringues and a glass of fruit juice. Now I feel so relaxed and happy. :cloud9:

Atlantis

I went to therapy.

I wrote a poem in therapy. How embarassing. I also drew pictures and talked about the pictures. Surprisingly, this sort of thing works! OMG

I told myself I would go for a run now but now I feel sad and dirty and unloved. And angry.

But I did buy myself a chocolate brownie which I absolutely had no money for. I ate it. It was my coping mechanism. It made me feel better.