Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi, I am new here and for lots and lots of reasons finding my feet for the first time when it comes to admitting to the wider world (and to myself if I am am honest) that I am a survivor (well I am trying to be) of childhood sexual abuse.

I am a married, mother of 2 in my 30's and very recently (as in the past 10 days) everything has hit the fan in a way I can no longer keep buried away like I always have so I am in need of suport and ears that can understand. Thanks

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Hey! :flowers:

Welcome to Aftersilence:)

My name is Mandy and I am apart of the Newbie Support Team here at AS. If you have any questions at all please feel free to send me a message.

I am a childhood sexual abuse survivor as well. It didn't get to me until many years later, so I know how it feels. I hope this place can help you and you find the support you are looking for.

Mandy

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

Thank you all for the very kind welcome, I am finding my feet I think and learning the board. I am on a very steep learning curve in all aspects of this, I still feel a bit like I have tweety birds flying round my head and I have been making still errors in all facets of life as I am not sleeping much and very pre occupied with everything moving at what seems a million miles an hour, this is a quieter week on that front but school half term holidays and my daughters birthday party tomorrow I am being kept very very busy, a good thing... until bedtime

Thinking of you.

Found

Hi,

Welcome! :flowers:

This can feel very disorienting at first. I'm glad you are here and hope it is helpful.

Hello.

From what you write, your story sound familiar to my own. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Jen