HerMommy

I'm Hermommy

Hi, I'm 41 and I will maybe tell my story at another time. I was abused and have been diagnosed with bipolar and PTSD, i see a psychiatrist once a month for two minutes to write my scripts, that's about it .... More pressing at the moment is my 10 year old daughter that's been abused by her 17 year old step brother, it's very hard for me to deal with. My daughter lives with her dad , my choice... I *let* her live there and now this... I have many, many questions and I just want her to get the best help available. I need alot of help, having never dealt with my own , I don't know what all to do for her. She told and he admitted so that's good... Dad and Step mom were very upset, they got the boy out of the house, so I know my daughter is oin no more danger and they have set her up with a counselor..but a marriage and family one, is that the right one for her? should I call CPS? I don't want her ripped from her home, i don't think so anyway....Should I pursue charges against the boy?... She says he kept his pants on, took hers off, placed her in his lap and "moved"...they say that it was the first time.. I am not so sure there isn't more to the story, should I take herto a dr to see if he went inside her? I need lots of help and advise and anything you guy could offer I would be very grateful.... my stomach stays in a knot, I am not eating much and not sleeping.. I take ambian before I go to bed and when I wake up a couple hours later I take another... I can't get it off my mind... How do I help her?

Thanks for reading.

Hi Hermommy! Welcome to AS :hug:

I'm so sorry for what has happened... I hope browsing the forums will help you decide what to do. I think the Secondary Survivors would be good with regards to your daughter & I hope the rest of the board will help with your own personal struggle.

:flowers:

HI there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Welcome

Very sorry to hear about your daughter, it probably wouldn't hurt to take her to the doctor, as for pressing charges, if you want my opinion, I would!! For two reasons firstly so that he is made accountable so he hopefully won't do anything like that again and secondly it is a way of validating your daughter and telling her that her well being is worth fighting for, otherwise in the future she may have issues that nothing was done about it.

Take care

Alice

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

Hi HerMommy,

Welcome to Aftersilence. I understand that you are in a tough position. Honestly the best you can do is be there for her, and remind her how much you love her - and that she did nothing wrong.

Also, I hope you don't blame yourself for what happened, because you say you "let" her live there. Honestly that doesn't mean it's your fault. Sometimes our world is f*cked up and people do what they aren't suppose too- just like her abuser.

So please don't blame yourself for what happened.

Mandy

Welcome. :)

Thinking of you.

Found

Welcome. I have no answers. I wish I did. =)

I agree with the other poster you need to press chargers if for no other reason but to show your daughter she is worth it her pain matters and will not be ignored. As far as CPS as long as her dad and step mother took appropriate actions to protect her there isn't any reason they would remove her. Besides all that if you do report it the professionals will know exactly what do for her. I hope that her pain is eased in knowing how much you care for her.