Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

What To Do Almost 12 Years Later?

I hope I'm posting in the right place....I'm a newbie after all...I was hoping though that some of you could help me out a little? Here's my thread...

I was sexually abused once by my uncle when I was about 7 years old...and without going into any explicit details, I'm sure that I was NOT the only one.

The thing is though that at that age, I didn't put two and two together and I kept quiet about it for years...and now I'm feeling really guilty for not talking due to that I am almost sure that I wasn't the only one...I had a cousin that lived with him and I'm sure that any of her friends that she brought over were subject to it as well.

I'm kind of bewildered as to what to do about this though...can anything be done almost 12 years later? My mother did eventually find out about it (He's her brother) but didn't do anything about it...Do any of you have any advice?

Thank you so much,

Ashley

I don't know where you are, but I would check into the statute of limitations laws to see if anything can be done since so many years have past. I know that in the state the I grew up in, the statute of limitations had passed before I said anything about it. Of course, that was 20 years ago, and luckily, the laws have changed (but too late for me).

Good luck with everything.

Take care,

Katie

I don't have the advice that your seeking honey but I wanted to welcome you to After Silence and to let you know that we are here for you.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

i dont have any advice sorry, but welcome to AS :bighug:

~charlene~