Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi all, I'm Dylan. Don't think I'd call myself a survivor but i suppose that's what I am. I've been feeling out of sorts the past few weeks and I couldn't figure out why. I recently told a friend about my experience after keeping it quiet for a REALLY long time and she still doesn't know everything- i'm not a huge fan of trusting people. Anyway, the point is that I didn't get it out and now it's all I've been thinking of which is making me feel like a crazy person. My friend introduced me to this site and I'm hoping this will help me feel less like a crazy person

Hi Dylan

Sorry for what's brought you here, but really glad you found us!

You are NOT crazy, not at all, and you aren't alone here. There are people who understand and you're very welcome. Don't rush yourself into talking about it, and don't pressure yourself. Just be around people who understand and say what you need to, when you're comfortable.

Looking forward to seeing you around the boards

Sara :flowers:

HI there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

Hi Dylan,

Welcome to AS, I joined last week and have already felt relief at being able to speak openly with others who have experienced invasive trauma in their lives. There are amazingly strong and supportive people here and they are willing to provide the safe environment to process the pain and confusion we all feel at times. I have trust issues too, but I tend to trust too freely and its continuously caused me heartache. I have found it really therapeutic to be able to discuss things anonymously, there has been no backlash only understanding and support.

Good luck on your journey - remember you do not have to do or say anything until you are ready:)

SW

welcome to after-silence. :)

Hi Dylan,

Welcome to Aftersilence :tealribbon:

My name is Mandy and I am apart of the Newbie Support Team, so that means it's my job to make you feel at home. If you have any questions at all please feel free to send me a message.

I hope that talking to us can help you feel less alone.

Mandy