Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Kid On The Block

Good morning, all.

My name is Katie. I've had to hide my story from most everyone I know for so long, I did not think I would ever let it out. But I've come to the realization that I cannot do it alone. So here I am. Hoping to find some sense of not being alone, although like all of you, I would rather be alone in this because I could never wish this on anyone.

Hi there.

you are brave and strong for coming to this site. It took me a long time to even post things....but i eventually got used to it.

you'll find comfort here and build friendships...its well worth it and thereputic at times to know you are not alone!

-perfectlyflawed

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

Hi Katie,

Welcome to Aftersilence. My name is Mandy and I am apart of the Newbie Support Team here at AS. That means it's my job to make you feel at home. If you have any questions or just need a listening ear please feel free to let me know.

I too felt like dealing with this alone, but trust me sometimes the support of other people is what helps us push forward :hug:

Mandy

Thinking of you.

Found

Thank you all...I wish I could tell my family, but it would break them. It is unfortunately not an option. Because I do know that their support would make this bareable. But thank you all for your support, and I hope that maybe being here, amongst strong survivors will help me become as strong as you all are.

You're welcome.

Much support to you.

Found

Hello from yet one more who has a past with this subject matter. It will take time for me to feel ready to go public with my story. Anxiety surfaces when I try to type words.

Say a prayer that I can achieve victory. Tearful now ~Anni

welcome to after-silence. :)