Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Another Newbie

Hello everyone.

I'm glad I found this site. I dont know why I'd never searched for a survivors site before, after all I'm on parenting forums, cooking forums, and just about any other kind of forum. My story started when I was 13. (I'm 31 now) But my story isn't just mine, it belongs to my sisters and my little cousin as well. We were all abused by either my uncle or his sons. They went to trial in 2001 and my cousin was released after 4.5 yrs and now has 2 small children a boy and a girl :angry: My uncle is still serving the remainder of his 30+ years. I am very open about my story as I've been able, with the help of counseling, to work through it.

I am the lucky one... I was able to get help after our secret was finally revealed when I was 21 and my cousin was 8 months pregnant by either her father or brothers at the age of 11 (paternity test was inconclusive as to which of the 3 possible fathers as they were all raping her nightly). My sisters and cousin have not ever sought help nor was 'help' provided for them (thanks 'system'). My heart aches and breaks for them as I see them still 10+ years since the molestations & rapes struggling to heal themselves. I am a talker and for me talking about it heals me more and more every day. The guilt that I carried for never telling someone and possibly keeping this from happening to my sisters and cousin is the hardest part to deal with. I know its not my fault, but I'm sure you all know how it is... Anyway, I'm very open to questions and I look forward to the support from and giving support to my fellow survivors.

Nice to meet you~!

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Hi, Liz311w,

It took me a long time to join this forum, too! I hadn't thought to google for it, for some reason. I guess, (and this sounds silly, I know,) but healing things appear when you're ready for them.

I ache for the story you shared with us and for your sisters and cousins who need help healing. You are so strong for coming here, and I'm sure that just having you as an example means a great deal to them on some level.

I am a recent member, too, but I have already found so many great people to speak with and relate to, and I'm sure it will be the same for you.

Feel free to message me any time!

Welcome,

b

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

Hi Liz,

Welcome to Aftersilence :tealribbon:

I'm glad you found us! I always think about joining cooking or baking forums because I love doing it so much!

I'm sorry for the reason you have to come here, but I'm glad you found us. I hope you find the support you are looking for.

Mandy

Thinking of you.

Found

welcome to after-silence. :)