Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

My First Day

Hi everyone. I'm new at this and not very sure what to expect here, but I have always thought about maybe joining a type of support group via internet because I knew I wasn't ready and/or really able to join an "in person" type of group. I know I'll be taking things slowly and mostly browsing around and reading other posts and give a few supportive comments back on other's posts if I can. I know I'm not ready to jump in with both feet....definitely baby steps. I'm nervous just actually joining a group! I hope that nervousness goes away soon because I know I'd love to have a safe place to turn to when I feel I need it. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Welcome to After Silence :flowers:

I'm glad you found us. Make yourself at home and please let me know if you need any help finding your way around.

Take care,

Becky

Welcome to After Silence :flowers:

I'm glad you found us. Make yourself at home and please let me know if you need any help finding your way around.

Take care,

Becky

Thank you Becky. I really appreciate it. It's kinda scary just joining a group because that obviously is the first step to addmiting that this happened to me. That right there is a huge step for me. But I'm hopeful that this might help me in some way. At the very least, I'll know for certain I'm not alone.

Hi everyone. I'm new at this and not very sure what to expect here, but I have always thought about maybe joining a type of support group via internet because I knew I wasn't ready and/or really able to join an "in person" type of group. I know I'll be taking things slowly and mostly browsing around and reading other posts and give a few supportive comments back on other's posts if I can. I know I'm not ready to jump in with both feet....definitely baby steps. I'm nervous just actually joining a group! I hope that nervousness goes away soon because I know I'd love to have a safe place to turn to when I feel I need it. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Dear Mom00,

We're both new today! I completely understand the fear of joining a support group and to jump in with both feet. Thankfully AS is (from what I see in my day here) a very supportive group of people who are all reaching for the same thing. I'm sure the nervousness in both of us will go away soon. I wish you luck, and I'm sure we'll talk in the future.

Best,

Nichole :)

PS- Thanks for the reply on my "welcome" post as well. Have a great day.

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

Hi there,

Welcome to aftersilence.

It can be really scary joining something like this. But you'll find so many supportive people here, and no one here is here to judge. Everyone here has different experiences, and are at different stages in their lives, so you'll find you can relate to a lot of people.

Mandy

Thank you everyone so much for the very warm welcome. I really appreciate you taking the time and going out of your way to do that for me. This feels like the place where I can finally feel comfortable with myself and hopefully deal with the issues that I've stuggled with for so many years. Thank you again I hope that I get the chance to know many of you through this site.

Shortcake: Thank you and I am happy that I hopped on chat and was able to meet you as well. Thank you for being so kind to me and be so helpful and supportive. It was greatly appreciated and just what I needed. :)

• 2 weeks later...

welcome to after-silence. :)