Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Greetings.

Hello Everyone,

I'm new here to After Silence and from the looks of it, it is an extremely supportive community- I could not be more happy I have found this site.

This is my first post. I was raped two months ago at a bar by a man I did not know. I am currently in the recovery process of seeking therapy and help. Just typing the words "I was raped" to you all is a big step for me.

I'm not ready to share my entire story yet here, but I'm sure that time will come.

Thanks, and I look forward to getting to know you all.

-Nichole

Hello Everyone,

I'm new here to After Silence and from the looks of it, it is an extremely supportive community- I could not be more happy I have found this site.

This is my first post. I was raped two months ago at a bar by a man I did not know. I am currently in the recovery process of seeking therapy and help. Just typing the words "I was raped" to you all is a big step for me.

I'm not ready to share my entire story yet here, but I'm sure that time will come.

Thanks, and I look forward to getting to know you all.

-Nichole

Hi Nichole,

I'm also new here today and I think you're very brave to be seeking out help after your attack. I never had that strength do to that and I don't know you, but I am very proud of you. I admire anyone who can find the courage to deal with their feelings after something like that. I wish you the best Nichole and I hope you're able to find comfort here as I'm hoping to find as well. Best of luck.

Im new here also. I was raped twice in my past and I'm working on getting through all of this so it can be in the past. So welcome

Ashamedmom,

I am very sorry for what happened to you. You're showing tremendous strength by being here and sharing your story and wanting to deal with your feelings. I pray that you are able to find some peace here and you feel like this can be your safe place to turn to. We have similar pasts and I hope that brings you a little comfort in knowing that you're understood. I wish you the best in finding the support you need right now. Hang in there.

Im new here also. I was raped twice in my past and I'm working on getting through all of this so it can be in the past. So welcome

Dear ashamedmom,

Thank you for the post. I, too am working to put the past in the past. It's going to be a long journey, but thankfully this is the exact support I am looking for.

Best,

Nichole

HI there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Thank you for sharing.

Your bravery speaks volumes.

Found

HI there.

Welcome to AS.

Thank you for sharing.

Found

Dear Found,

Thank you so much. I am already finding this site very helpful. I really appreciate your post.

Best,

Nichole

HI there.

Welcome to AS.

Thank you for sharing.

Found

Dear Found,

Thank you so much. I am already finding this site very helpful. I really appreciate your post.

Best,

Nichole

You are so very welcome.

Found

Hi Rose,

I have a similar barrier to sharing these issues. I think it's scary for me because people would judge me harshly as though what happened would reflect on my man hood. Is your reason for not wanting to share based on being judged by others?

Hi Nichole,

Welcome to Aftersilence :tealribbon:

Just to let you know you only have to share what you are comfortable with. No rush. We'll be here. I hope you are finding this website useful :)

Mandy

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

• 2 weeks later...

welcome to after-silence. :)

Thinking of you.

Found