Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

My First Post

I'm new also. I found this site while searching for support.

I went to therapy for a while years ago. After years of struggling with therapy, I buried things again.

I was just ok, going through life but with issues. 6 months ago, I found out one of my abusers was physically abusing my mom and I decided to stand up for her.

We go to court in 2 weeks against the person who physically abused mom.

I've never confronted the 4 living people who abused me, and my mom does not know my story.

I am so glad I found this support site.

I am trying to be strong but my world is coming unglued again. I hope to hear from another survivor who may have had to "rip the bandage off", so to speak. I have to find the strength to tell mom my story.

Right now, I am finding it difficult to even type the words "he sexually abused and raped me".

Edited by moves2much

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

Hi moves2much,

Welcome to Aftersilence :tealribbon:

Your post is full of so much courage. It's great that you are supporting your mom, but amongst all this please do not forget about yourself.

I know those last few words are scary, but you're just taken away all the power from him. Hang in there.

Mandy

NST

Thinking of you.

Found

• 2 weeks later...

welcome to after-silence. :)