Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi...newbie Here.

Hi my name is Audrey and I live in Kentucky. I am 25 years old and currently trying to complete a BA degree in Social Sciences/History. I have recently acknowledged that Ineed major help trying to work through the pain of multiple SA's and some childhood abuse (non-sexual mostly). I am married to a wonderful man who saw me not as a broken piece of trash but a beautiful butterfly God would help fly. He tries really hard to be supportive most of the time. :) I also have one son who will soon be turning three. I enjoy reading, playing the piano, and doing logic type puzzles. I have found that playing the piano can actually be quite relaxing and a fairly inexpensive form of therapy. I am quite a bit overweight due to emotional eating and not being able to shed the baby weight after having my son. My hubby and I are trying to conceive again but are currently not having much success. I have been diagnosed with PTSD, GAD, PCOS, and Fibromyalgia among some other psychological issues that have gone undiagnosed such as agoraphobia, specified phobias (water and driving), and OCD. I have been dealing with hyper-vigilance, sleeping problems, fears (especially when alone), depression, and a major lack of gumption. I tend to isolate myself from the outside world. I can go days without leaving the house. I am usually only out to go to church and to get groceries or go out to eat with the hubby. I have no real friends where I live (with the exceptions being my husband and the Speech-Language Pathologist that comes once every two weeks for my son's speech therapy). My mother and step-father are the only family that lives anywhere near me. I am a stay-at-home mother so most of the time it is just my son and I for days on end. We have recently been taking him to a sitters a couple days a week so he can get more socialization and play with some kids his own age.

So that's a little about me. I hope to find some help and encouragement along my journey through this board and offer a shoulder to cry on or a helping hand to others that might need some as well.

Audrey :hug:

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Message me any time.

Found

:hi:

Hi Audry

I am glad you found the site. I have found it to be most helpful and hope that you do as well. I understood most of what you posted in way of diagnosis, but the last two I did not know? GAD and PCOS?

I am sorry you were hurt and glad to hear you have support from your spouse. As for being isolated, I can remember when my kids were little, it was difficult. A suggestion, if it's okay, is to make some play dates with other Mom's. They can come over to your place and socialize while the little ones play.

So, hello and welcome to AS. I am glad you are here.

Hugs, if they are okay

Dragon

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

Hi Audrey! :)

Welcome to After Silence :tealribbon: I hope you find what you are needing here.

Please let me know if you need any help finding your way around.

Take care,

Becky

Thinking of you.

Found

welcome to after-silence. :)

Hi Audrey,

Welcome to Aftersilence. I'm sorry for all that you have been through and I think it's great what you are doing in school!

I agree the piano can be a great form of therapy- I myself am trying to learn right now.

Hope you find the support you are looking for.

Mandy