Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Ready To Say Hello

Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been loitering for a while, but I'm feeling brave this morning... :blush:

My name is Anna, I'm from the Midlands in the UK, 33 years old. I've been dealing with stuff for three quarters of my life. I don't remember the other quarter (the "before"). That makes me sad. :(

I was a member here a while ago but put my healing on hold for a while. Now the demons are back and I'm trying to deal with them, and I am finding it useful to confirm some of the things I'm going through with other experiences that people have shared on here.

I don't imagine I'll post very often, because I'm more of a listener than a talker. I hope that's OK. I think I'm more likely to correspond via PM because I'm nervous I'll post something wrong on the boards and upset someone. I think I may have done that already... :unsure: Everyone seems to know everyone else really well, it's hard to imagine I'll fit in, so maybe I'll just watch from my hiding place behind the settee... :outtahere:

Wishing you all safety, love and strength,

Anna. xx

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

My nickname is Anna.

I am 33 as well.

Thanks for sharing.

Found

Edited by ~FOUND~

Welcome to AS :hi:

Take your time. I am only new here as well...wow... That's right... I've only been here for 2 months! I have no idea how I coped before AS... Feels like I've been here for AGES!

Anyway, the people here are lovely. There is no rush.

FOUND: thank you. I've seen enough so far to know that you are one of the first people to welcome new posters and to offer hugs and support. You're very special, thank you. :flowers:

phoenixgirl: thank you too. I've just been reading your posts (about your recent medical test) and oh my goodness, you are incredible. It's an honour and a pleasure. :flowers:

hey anna :flowers:

welcome back! i usually dont stop by in this section very much, but i really like your screenname. it's sad and true. :(

you really dont sound to me like someone who would upset others here! it's ok, of course, if you are not comfortable posting, but i'd like to encourage you to just try it out every now and then and see how you feel about it.

and hey, everybody who's new does not know anybody here; and we were all new some day. :wink: the community is used to seeing new names every day - and i do think that most people feel welcome and like they are part of the group here pretty soon. (i did.)

:flowers: wishing you all the best

riana

Riana: thank you very much for dropping by, and for the encouragement - I'll try! Sometimes people just say the cleverest, most insightful things, and I just think, how do they do that? I wish I could articulate myself in that way. Maybe I can learn that a bit here too. Thanks again for the welcome. :flowers:

Crushedflower: how sweet, thank you so much. Here's some for you too: :flowers:. I think spring is coming here in the UK, we have some flowers budding in the garden, and I have hung the washing outside today. It's a good feeling!

Hello Anna,

Welcome back to AS :flowers:

It is ok to feel like that and actually I felt the same way when I first wrote my only post here.

Then I took the first step to start replying posts in simple words and short sentence. I know it's hard but it's worth trying! :)

Lots of :hug: and luv to you!

nothingsweet and dodo: thank you both for the warm welcome. I hope I can offer you something in return. :flowers:

loTus1: thank you for sharing, I'll try. :flowers: Sometimes I feel inadequate if I can't offer something constructive or detailed, but I guess there are times with words when "less is more".

FOUND: thank you. I've seen enough so far to know that you are one of the first people to welcome new posters and to offer hugs and support. You're very special, thank you. :flowers:

phoenixgirl: thank you too. I've just been reading your posts (about your recent medical test) and oh my goodness, you are incredible. It's an honour and a pleasure. :flowers:

Thanks hun. :wub:

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

Yes I am, thank you for asking. :)

You are so very welcome.

welcome to after-silence. :)

Oh, and if you didn't know, you have enough posts to get into the chat room if you like and haven't already.

Hugs to you and much support.

Love,

Found

welcome to after-silence. :)

Many thanks for the warm welcome... xx :flowers:

Oh, and if you didn't know, you have enough posts to get into the chat room if you like and haven't already.

Hugs to you and much support.

Love,

Found

Oh OK, thank you very much. I didn't know... :)

Well, now you do. I hope to see you in there sometime.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Anna,

This is a bit late, and I'm sorry for that!

Just to let you know my name is Mandy and I am apart of the Newbie Support Team here at AS. My job is to make you feel comfortable, so if you have any questions or just need a listening please feel free to send me a message and I'll be more than happy to help :flowers:

Mandy

Also I will send you a PM shortly with more info.