New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×
If you are having any trouble connecting or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Iphone Users And Chat

Hey there,

Just wondering if anyone ueses an iPhone to access chat. I know I've chatted with some people in the past who were on iPhones and I can't get mine to do it. I know I have to download a java but apparently I'm not doing it right.

Any advice?

Thank you!

Callie

It might depend on which generation of iPhone you're using. I never tried to access the chat with my iPhone 3GS, but I just tried it with my iPhone 4 and I couldn't get it to work.

I have an iPhone 4. Geez...kind of a catch 22 here. I want to get it to work so I'd like to hand it over to my son to show him what I need but then he will know what site I am on and probably get online and check it out.

Gonna have to see if I can do this one myself or if anyone else has some advice.

Thanks for the feedback Ashley-Michelle.

I believe you have to download an app for chat. I have not got it working myself though - got as far as the download of the app and went back to using the laptop.

Hope that helps.

Whitedove

Edited by whitedove

could you go into a phone shop and ask for advice - perhaps the place you got it from - I don't think you would need to show them the site - because many different sites use chatrooms - even gardening ones!!

karen