Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Saying Hello.......

Hi, my name is Fontana (it's never good growing up with a name that rhymes with banana! :dance: )

i'm 23 and a survivor of sexual abuse by my stepfather that went on for 12 years and multiple sexual assaults by my ex boyfriend. i'm so scared and ashamed...although i know it's not my fault...at least i *logically* know it, but in my heart, i'm not so sure. i stayed with my boyfriend when i shouldn't have. i went from one bad situation (with my stepfather) to another bad situation (with my boyfriend) and i just feel stupid. i must have a sign that says "hurt me" on it. :cry:

but...

i did get out of the relationship 3 years ago, but it hurts like it happened yesterday. i've just recently started seeing a t. it's hard to open up, that's why i'm here. i hope to talk to others who understand, hopefully i wont' feel so alone anymore.

i'm glad i found this place.

Hey Fontana,

Welcome to After Silence! I'm glad you've found this forum, filled with wonderful caring souls.

I'm sorry you've endured so much, but I'm glad you're acknowledging that they weren't your fault. Lean on us anytime, you're not alone.

Take gentle care,

Lindy :hug:

Welcome to AS... :hug:

(((Fontana)))

Welcome to After Silence, sweetie. You're in good company here, as we've all felt that way, to one extent or another. What you're feeling is quite normal among survivors of SA. Someday, you'll come to the realization in your soul that you did nothing to deserve the abuse and the pain will recede. Everyone's healing journey is different but we do share many similarities. Take care of yourself, dear one, because you are worthy of it and we hope to see you around here frequently.

:hug:

Meg

Welcome to After Silence :)

I am so sorry for everything that you have been through. You have no reason to feel ashamed - what happened was not in anyway your fault. Many women stay with their abusers for many different reasons - it doesn't make what they do right. You have to put it into context - your background will have played a part in keeping you in that situation and then the boyfriend I am sure was constantly lowering your self esteem. It is not an easy thing to get out of an abusive situation, you are not supid for finding this hard.

I am glad that you are seeing a T and hope that being here helps you with that process.

Take care

Stefka

welcome :bighug:

~charlene~