Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Just Starting To Heal

Hello, I'm new...

I'm 23 and married to the most wonderful man I could ever imagine. We had/have a pretty happy life going for us. Several weeks ago I was sexually assaulted and raped by a group of aquaintences. My husband has been so supportive and though our lives have changed significantly, we're trying to keep moving forward. I quite randomly found this site and thought it may help somewhat as I start to work on healing and seek some sort of therapy.

Nice to meet everyone. :)

Welcome violet. Nice to meet you.

I'm sorry you suffered an acquaintance rape several weeks ago. There are a lot of caring people here that you can talk to if and when you feel ready.

I'm glad you have a wonderful supportive husband. He may help you get through this.

Therapy was helpful for me too.

See you later, :hug:

((((Violet))))

I'm sorry that this has happend to you honey but I am glad that your husband is quite supportive of you. That is always an excellent help in your first steps into healing. :)

Post away if you need to or feel free to just settle back and read. Either way know that we are here for you. :hug:

Welcome to the board. :)

(((hugs)))

Donna =)

:hug: Violet :hug:

I'm so sorry for what has happened to you and so glad you have a supportive husband by your side.Welcome to AS,you'll get lots of support here so post away when you're ready and I look forward to meeting you.

lots of :hug: Lene x

Hello dearie, welcome. I'm sorry for whats happened to you, but I'm glad to hear your husband's so supportive :hug: :hug:

:wub: Alyssa :wub:

welcome hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

~charlene~

Welcome to AS .. I hope you find it can help you to be here .. :hug: