Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi

I've no idea what happens 'after the silence' - many terrible secrets are safely locked inside me. I'm thankful for having such a place to lurk, and learn. Thank you.

Many years ago, a woman told me her terrible story, not knowing I was stumbling along behind her on a similar path. I've clung to her story to this day as a constant reminder that we are stronger than we imagine ourselves to be, and no matter what is done to us, we can and should overcome and continue to be positive contributors to the world around us. She was all the proof I needed to understand that no matter what happened to me, as I move through life, there is always someone who has faced a greater obstacle, overcome it, and set it aside so they could move on to better things.

No one promised me life would be easy. In fact, I had every assurance that it would be anything but, from the start, but I'm still thriving right alongside you all, and I hope I can help someone else, here, the way that woman helped me.

All of us are here because we have faced seemingly insurmountable obstacles and have survived.....with the goal of thriving. Thank you for coming to the boards with such a positive outlook and goal in mind. Welcome to AS.

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

welcome to after-silence. :)

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

• 1 month later...

Thinking of you.