Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Tired Of Feeling So Alone In This

sholzy

Welcome, this website will help you feel less alone, you will realize that there are other people going through the same feelings and issues that you are.

hello,

just wanted to tell you that there is lots of company here and we are all ready and willing to listen to whatever it is that you need to say. you will find only love and comfort on this site. we all feel your pain. so chat away, and try to think happy thoughts.

here for you any time,

d.

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Your not alone though I can completely feel where your coming from. I too am new here as of yesterday and I too feel very much alone. We are not... We have only to read the posts to know that we are sadly one of many who have had their lives violated by someone.

Every place I go I feel like there is a brand on my forehead that somehow should let everyone know that my life has been turned upside down and yet they walk past living normal everyday lives where time hasn't come to a standstill and they don't notice me stuck in this space of time.

Then I saw your post... and so you see, here we are... not alone but both of us caught in that same space of time with others dealing with the same feelings that you and I both have. It was best for us to come here. It lets us know that there are sadly many others in that same space of time. We just didn't notice them because prior to what happened to us we were one of the others I spoke of a moment ago who passed by not seeing.

I'm not ready to talk either, just as you are and that's ok. We will talk when we are ready and better able to face what's happened to us. We just have to take it step by step and know that by our coming here that we've made one step in the right direction towards "healing".

If your afraid, just as I am then take my hand and we'll walk this road together. I could use the company. It is all so frightening and I'm so emotional and unsure where to plant my next footfall.

Your not alone.......

Juniee

You're welcome.

Found

Your not alone though I can completely feel where your coming from. I too am new here as of yesterday and I too feel very much alone. We are not... We have only to read the posts to know that we are sadly one of many who have had their lives violated by someone.

Every place I go I feel like there is a brand on my forehead that somehow should let everyone know that my life has been turned upside down and yet they walk past living normal everyday lives where time hasn't come to a standstill and they don't notice me stuck in this space of time.

Then I saw your post... and so you see, here we are... not alone but both of us caught in that same space of time with others dealing with the same feelings that you and I both have. It was best for us to come here. It lets us know that there are sadly many others in that same space of time. We just didn't notice them because prior to what happened to us we were one of the others I spoke of a moment ago who passed by not seeing.

I'm not ready to talk either, just as you are and that's ok. We will talk when we are ready and better able to face what's happened to us. We just have to take it step by step and know that by our coming here that we've made one step in the right direction towards "healing".

If your afraid, just as I am then take my hand and we'll walk this road together. I could use the company. It is all so frightening and I'm so emotional and unsure where to plant my next footfall.

Your not alone.......

Juniee

Yes...I will try to walk this road with you... I am scared and terrified, my head is constantly spinning, I feel totally out of control... I am not mastering my thoughts... just trying to take one moment at a time. I hope you have a T, as they say here, I have a great one, if you don't, please try to find someone, a professional, to help you through this. It is very messy... I am scared al of the time... I barely leave my home... but I try every day... sometimes I just open the window, I get some fresh air... I don't know.. maybe sounds kind of simple, but it's a start!!

Your not alone.......

Juniee

Yes...I will try to walk this road with you... I am scared and terrified, my head is constantly spinning, I feel totally out of control... I am not mastering my thoughts... just trying to take one moment at a time. I hope you have a T, as they say here, I have a great one, if you don't, please try to find someone, a professional, to help you through this. It is very messy... I am scared al of the time... I barely leave my home... but I try every day... sometimes I just open the window, I get some fresh air... I don't know.. maybe sounds kind of simple, but it's a start!!

Dear Sholzy,

Thank you for your company on this road. I know your afraid and my heart goes out to you. I too am afraid and do the same as you with the spinning of the head. I jump at loud noises or people coming up on me from behind.

I thought I was alone in feeling out of control. I am so very different and hope that one day I will return to myself. I cry often or I get very angry. I feel like I'm on a tight edge. I'm so short fused. My friends don't want to talk about it so they don't call. They try to text and ask what I've found out.. How the hell do you text all those feelings ? So I don't. Why is texting easier for them then calling ?

They don't want to know, not really. They say they don't know how to deal with it all.... What exactly are "they" dealing with ? It didn't happen to them. Thank God, but it didn't and I'm the one dealing with it and you are the one dealing with it. Why can't they just be a friend ? I'm so lost on that.

I have gotten no help from the law enforcement they are covering for this man. I just can't even go there.... it's been just a nightmare. I went to get a restraining order today and it was just a complete disaster so I don't even have that. I'm on my own and have to rely on just me to protect me... and I will... to the hilt. If he comes back as he threatened to, I won't go down easy.

I know your fear of going out and leaving your home. It's awful Sholzy, it truly is but we have to try. My attack came within my home so my fear is both places. It's being home and being out. I worry where he is when I go out or take my dogs out to potty at night. I sleep little and alway with a light on. I look out the window many times a day and through the night.

I miss me like you miss you but we have to hold on to the fact that one day we will find ourselves again. Right now I move through each day and can't form all those basic thoughts. My thoughts revolve around him and what he did. When I'm out I feel like I'm on the outside looking in. Just detached. Is it that way for you ?

I am going to counseling and have two private sessions coming up then group therapies after that. I just can't sort this out alone. Being as no one wants to talk about it I need to vent all my feelings and put them on the table to try and sort out any that will help me to resume my life though it will be changed I still need to find my way.

Right now I just want to scream. I want to yell and just tell everyone to "listen" to me and that I hurt. It just hurts in so many ways. I'm so changed and don't like this me... I'm hard and that is not me.

I pray for a peaceful night for you Sholzy and for both of us. I've got your hand and your not alone. Neither of us are now. We've found each other here and are supported by so many like us. We'll take it one day at a time and pray that each day brings us closer to ourselves as we once knew us to be.

I don't expect to find the old me but a changed yet still "good" me.

Goodnight Sholzy,

Juniee

Hi sholzy,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I hope that you find comfort and support here as you become part of our community. I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

Your Sister in Survival,

Lynn

Hi sholzy,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I hope that you find comfort and support here as you become part of our community. I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

Your Sister in Survival,

Lynn

Thank you, it's been a bit confusing learing how to maneuver around... I have added you my pm list... if I have any questions... thanks again! appreciated it..

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

welcome to after-silence. :)