Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Merry Meet!

Hi! I'm pretty newish here - only a few weeks old. I've already begun posting in some of the forums and have done come communicating with other members. Just thought I better properly introduce myself instead of just popping in :)

My name is Karen, my family calls me KareBear, don't ask me how I came up with my user name "eddifiedtavous" I have no idea lol, I was probably 16. I like to write, read, hike, camp, fish, hunt. I love my horse Eyesa (Eyesa Jet 2) she is a paint overro, top and bottom, champion race horse, and she is my savior. I have religion issues and I'm still trying to figure where I fit in spiritually. I'm pursuing a degree in Wildlife Biology :) Woohoo. 2-ish more years. And I love snow :) Nice to meet everyone, hope to get to know all of you fairly decent!

Oh and a few questions, I've been browsing the forums and related topics. Everyone here seems to use short hand dialect... It is a bit confusing for me!

If you don't mind schooling me on some lingo that would be awesome! Thanks again! :)

Thanks for the welcomes!

We should have short-hand lingo dictionary! I have a few questions

What does

CSA mean? Child Sexual Abuse?

TSA mean? Teen Sexual Abuse?

"T" - is that referring to therapist?

I just got schooled on (OH) meaning other half. Are there more short hand lingos I should be aware of? Its hard to make sense out of posts when some of the words abbreviated are hard to decipher! Is there anewbie cheat sheet somewhere? Thanks! :)

:aswelcomesu:

Hi eddifiedtavious,

I hope you are finding your way around. You are correct on CSA and most of our members use T to refer to their therapist. As for TSA, I don't know that one either, but I am not as active in the CSA related forums, so perhaps someone else can give you better guidance there. Welcome to AS.

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

welcome to after-silence. :)

Hi eddifiedtavous,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I hope that you find comfort and support here as you become part of our community. I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

Your Sister in Survival,

Lynn