Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Another Suggestion For Thread On "sexual Assault: Different Types" Forum

As we know, some victims of sexual abuse are coerced to participate in someone else's sexual abuse. I've heard several stories of abusers coercing children to do sexual things with other children. Sometimes an adult and child are coerced to be sexual together, and neither are willing participants. Like the case in Florida where a gang of teen boys raped a woman at gunpoint, forced her 12 year old son to watch, then forced them to have sex. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19636099/

Being coerced to abuse someone else is another thing that (thankfully!) was not part of my abuse experience. But I think that people who've been through this would benefit from their own space to discuss this. I imagine that there are additional layers of shame, guilt, and other issues that the rest of us former victims of sexual abuse cannot fully understand.

you are so very welcome. for years i felt isolated because my type of abuse was (i thought) so different from the 'normal' experience. in more ways than one, but one thing was that my abuser was another minor, my brother. in the book "the courage to heal", all the case studies are people abused by adults. i have since overcome that feeling of isolation, by reading a book called "sibling abuse", but i remember how awful it was, so i think i retain a sensitivity to others feeling isolated about their abuse experiences. i don't want anyone to feel that way. that's why i love the "sexual assault: different types" forum!

thank you for posting this annie, i for one never had the courage to speak up about this and this would be part of my story,

i think its a good idea

nem

• 4 weeks later...
you are so very welcome. for years i felt isolated because my type of abuse was (i thought) so different from the 'normal' experience. in more ways than one, but one thing was that my abuser was another minor, my brother. in the book "the courage to heal", all the case studies are people abused by adults. i have since overcome that feeling of isolation, by reading a book called "sibling abuse", but i remember how awful it was, so i think i retain a sensitivity to others feeling isolated about their abuse experiences. i don't want anyone to feel that way. that's why i love the "sexual assault: different types" forum!

thank you for posting this annie, i for one never had the courage to speak up about this and this would be part of my story,

i think its a good idea

nem

Annieonymous

It's nice to know I am not alone. My brother was only 18 months older than me but due to circumstances I didn't stop him. I didn't know what was going on, due to repressed memories I don't remembe when it started but it stopped at 14. It totally ruined my childhood affecting my school and social live and let me to pick an abuser for a husband.

I spent 10 years in therapy dealing with both but recently the incest has risen it's ugly head.

How do you put it in the past, it's affecting my life once agian and I'm sick of the after effects.

Reva

A friend of mine fits this criteria. I've been trying to tell him that he's not alone...it would be nice to have something to show him to prove it.