Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Hello all,

I came here 2 years ago after a b/f sexually assaulted me but was never able to find the courage to post anything........on Friday night i was raped by a stranger in my own flat....and I am just wandering about unable to do anything or make decisions about anything....am hoping I can find the courage to post...guess this is a start?!

lucy x

Hi Lucy,

I'm so sorry you were hurt again. :( I am glad you came back and found the courage to post. I think reaching out is a great step in the right direction because you do need support. This is too hard to deal with on your own.

Try to just be really gentle with yourself right now. What you have been through is extremely traumatic and it will take a while for your mind and body to heal. Just know that we are all here to listen, offer support and help in any way we can. You are not alone!

Lucy,

I am so so SO SO SO very sorry for what you've been put through. You are so strong for posting. It is such a huge step. You did not deserve what happened to you. You are innocent. We are here to help you, and to support you.

I don't really have any other words, other than I agree with Becky. Try to be really gentle with yourself right now. You've been through something so traumatic, most non-survivors can't even fathom the depths of this type of trauma (not entirely at least). We are indeed here to listen and to help. To give you the support you deserve.

Guest LovesLoss

Welcome to AS

Im so sorry you need us, but glad you found us. I hope you find the healing and support you deserve. You are not alone

Take care

Loves

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

welcome back to after-silence. :)

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

Hi Lucy,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence. I am so sorry for what you have endured.

I hope that you find comfort and support here as you become part of our community. I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

Your Sister in Survival,

Lynn

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your kind words......2 weeks now and coping.....not well but coping.

Have had several really bad days........my r***st was very rough and I still have marks that people keep remarking on....ooh been in the wars dear!!!!.....God if they only knew.....I can't answer and end up turning / running away........my wrist is still in plaster and it is a constant reminder.

Worst day was yesterday....I came on......and the blood took me straight back to that night.....jesus is this it for ever?

l xx

• 1 month later...

You're welcome.

Found

Welcome, I hope you find what you are looking for... everyone here is very nice and supportive.

:hug: :hug: :hug: