Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi I'm New

Hi everyone:)

Well, I'm not sure how to start, so I'll just dive in...

I'm just out of a disaster of a marriage to an Australian. He is completely pathological, only I wasn't aware of what's wrong with him until after I moved down there and was engaged to him. Verbal abuse, and then physical and sexual. It was terrible. I wound up being held prisoner for nearly 3 months before I escaped finally.

I'm in therapy and on meds, and am improving...I've been home a few months. I still fall apart frequently though, but try really hard to keep it together.

My big problem that I can't get resolved, well besides all the others, is the damage from the sexual assaults. He used to hurt me on a daily basis and I still suffer from it.

I dress differently now, I act differently now, and I have mini-freak outs for seemingly no reason. Alot of my acting weird comes from having been sexually abused by him, but people seem to not get that...it's like because I seem better, and through alot of the trauma, I should be back to my old self...wearing tight clothes, etc. But I'm not me.

I hope that by being here, people can maybe offer me some tips on how to get over it, and wow--it's super just having people to talk to who have been through the same thing, because sometimes I feel like nobody understands me.

And maybe I can help other people too who need encouragement:)

So, that's me.

Hugs to everyone,

Larissa

Welcome to After Silence, Larissa :hug:

After Silence is a wonderful place, full of amazing people that are always willing to talk. I'm glad you found this place, but also sorry that there was a reason to need it. I wish I knew what to say tonight, but I'm at a loss for words.

PM me if you need to talk.

~Catherine :hug:

(((((Larissa))))))

I'm sorry for all that you have been through honey, but please know that here at AS you are not alone. We all completely understand your feelings and where it is you are coming from.

people can maybe offer me some tips on how to get over it

If I may hun, there really are no tips at getting over it. If there were we all wouldn't be here. (((hugs))) We can show you tips of how to cope, understanding when you feel that noone else can, and hugs when you need someone. But there is no such world as getting over it, it will always be with you but through time it will slowly heal and not be the first and last thing you think of every single day.

Welcome hun, post away and know that we are here for you. :)

:hug: :hug:

Donna =)

Welcome to AS, I hope that in some way it helps you to be here .. :hug:

Larissa,

Welcome! You have found a place of people who understand, are always there to listen and understand what you are going through. Everyone has already said it all, there aren't any easy fixes, unfortunately this is something you need to come to terms with in your own way, in your own time. It's wonderful that you are seeking help.

I am always here to talk to, pm if you want.

I promise, in time it will get better.

Hugs ~Jeannene

Larissa,

Welcome to After Silence sweetie. I am sorry that you had to go through so much pain. We are all here for you sweetie. Feel free to PM me if you need to..

Warm hugs,

Linds

welcome to AS Larissa :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

~charlene~

Welcome to AS ((((Larissa)))) :greet::hug::greet:

I hope you find this a safe place to gain support in your healing journey. And as Donna said...it is a process of healing, coping with the affects of the abuse. It will in time, not consume you. I hope you find support in real life as well to aid you in this recovery. Be gentel with yourself you have been thru a horrific ordeal. Honor your feelings and you will soon be able to heal them. Hope to talk to you soon. Take care

Kris :hug::hug:

hi larissa. welcome here. i'm sorry you had to experience those terrible things. it's true that you don't get over things like that. i know it's unfair to have to continue to suffer because of things someone else did, but we're here for you. i just joined a few days ago, but this place seems really supportive already. i'm here to listen if you want to talk. looking foward to getting to know you.

dawn

Thanks everybody! You're all so nice...I feel really welcome. Plus, some of these crazy icons really make me laugh.LOL I haven't done that for a while...so thanks.

Talk to you all soon.

Big hugs,

larissa