Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

I've just started here. It has already been helpful looking through posts. There are so many of us! Amazing to me how with so many of us hurting, this is still such an ignored problem (I'm referring to abuse). I always feel better when I find something I can "do about it" so I'm hoping to start a local branch of a charity that crochets/knits scarves for fellow survivors.

I'm hoping to find more ways I can take action. Healing action. Any suggestions are welcome; and thanks to everyone who has posted. I feel less broken when I'm connected to so many other people through a group like this. :)

Hey Greenduckie,

I'm glad you could find a place that makes you feel connected. This site is amazing. I totally agree, there needs to be more light shed on this problem of abuse. It happens too often and is swept under the rug. Fortunately here, this site and the people here expose the ugly truth.

Kudos for you to being proactive with this. I don't have any ideas at the moment, but if I think of anything I'll make sure to post. :)

~Tally

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

I'm happy that you too found a place here. i joined a couple of days ago after not knowing where to go for help and healing. Though I am new, it is comforting to know there are so many of us that need each other. I hope you find what you are looking for. So sorry that you need a site like this to begin with. Healing begins with sharing....or so someone told me.

Hi,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome back to After Silence.

I hope that you find comfort and support here. I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

welcome to after silence. :)