Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

First Time

Hi all,

I am 35 and never did anything like this before. Not a support group or any type of forum or chat room for that matter. I went to a therapist in my mid twenties, but she tried to make me blame my mom for everything wrong in my life.

My memories are mostly buried, but I identify mostly with being 6 in what I do recall. I am now the mother of a 6 year old girl. Every day she triggers me.

I am just tired of crying.

:hi: WELCOME! I am glad that you found us. I am,also, new to this type of thing. I am 58 and only recovered the memory of my sexaul abuse 18 months ago. I have found guidance, comfort and loving support from the survivors I've met here; you will too!

Marce :hug:

:hug::hug::hug:

I'm here if you need to talk.

Glad you found us.

Love,

Found

Hope you find what you are looking for here. I have only been a member for a couple of days, and was unsure what to find here. Everyone has been very supportive, and somehow knowing you are not alone helps make things better. Sorry you need a site like this, but thankful there is one out there for you to benefit from.

Hey there artizan, and welcome to AS.

I am so sorry for what brought you here, but I'm glad you have found AS.

I'm Rach and I'm one of the Newbie Support Team, here to help you out as you get used to our community. If you ever need any help, please feel to PM (private message) me.

Whatever happened to you, it is NOT your fault. We are here to listen whenever you feel like talking.

I was hurt when I was 6 and even though I had a son (he is 7) he and his friends, especially female classmates triggered me a lot. I found myself longing for their innocence and total disbelief that anyone wanted to hurt them, or me when I was 6.

She will get older, hopefully unscathed, and you will hopefully be able to take a deep breath and realise you both got through ok. And be proud of yourself for being a survivor AND a great mum. I'm sure you're a fantastic mum, and your daughter loves you very much.

:supportu::youcanheal::hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Rach

welcome to after silence. :)