New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×

New Here

shann

I'm new to this board. Came across it last night and I'm hoping it will be helpful.

I'm a survivor of abuse - all kinds - and have gotten myself into bad situations more than once as a teen and adult. Started therapy when I was in my early 20s and having a hard time raising my daughter - i didnt trust her with anyone but me and had no idea why. I blanked out most of my childhood. Things started flashing and still I wonder to this day if some of it just isnt real. Who knows.

Long story short, I went through some very hard times and I have enjoyed many years of absolute joy. I stopped therapy probably too soon - but at the time it seemed right to me. Not to my T, but lol, why would I listen to them.

Now things are going downhill again. Feel like all that work I did to bring everything together and make myself whole has completely come undone. Not remembering things. High Anxiety all of the time and flashes/dreams.

So... I see the writing on the wall. I need to fix this. My kids deserve a happy mom. And my wonderful, loving husband of not even 2 months deserves a happy wife.

So... that's all for now. I hate sharing, talking about stuff, etc but know I need to or i'll drown in myself.

~Shann

I'm new to this board. Came across it last night and I'm hoping it will be helpful.

I'm a survivor of abuse - all kinds - and have gotten myself into bad situations more than once as a teen and adult. Started therapy when I was in my early 20s and having a hard time raising my daughter - i didnt trust her with anyone but me and had no idea why. I blanked out most of my childhood. Things started flashing and still I wonder to this day if some of it just isnt real. Who knows.

Long story short, I went through some very hard times and I have enjoyed many years of absolute joy. I stopped therapy probably too soon - but at the time it seemed right to me. Not to my T, but lol, why would I listen to them.

Now things are going downhill again. Feel like all that work I did to bring everything together and make myself whole has completely come undone. Not remembering things. High Anxiety all of the time and flashes/dreams.

So... I see the writing on the wall. I need to fix this. My kids deserve a happy mom. And my wonderful, loving husband of not even 2 months deserves a happy wife.

So... that's all for now. I hate sharing, talking about stuff, etc but know I need to or i'll drown in myself.

~Shann

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

WELCOME!! :hi: I am happy you have found us. You will comforted and supported here.

Marce :hug:

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

Hello and welcome :flowers: to AS.

The greatest gift you can ever give to your kids, husband and most of all yourself, is to heal. Joining us proves you're doing just that. Good on ya!

tgc (take gentle care)

Liz

welcome to after silence. :)