Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Hi I'm Annie. Just looking for a safe and understanding place to talk about some of the things I have been through. I have only been able to talk about the worst of it very recently but am not sure if this is the right place for me as most of my abuse has been in the form of physical, mental, and emotional. Looking forward to meeting you all.

WELCOME!! :hi:

Yes, this is a place where you can talk safely about all types of abuse. I believe that every physical abuse is also a mental and emotional abuse because of the trauma. I have only recently joined and have found this forum to be a safe, supporting and comforting place.

Glad you found us!

Marce

thank you both very much. Is there any chance someone could give me some advice as to where to start from here? There is a lot to choose from

Hiya, welcome to AS :flowers: I would honestly advise you to just take your time and have a look around, it seems such a huge site at first but you'll soon get used to it and feel more confident about knowing when and where to post. All in your own time hun :)

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Hi,

I'm not sure if this forum is appropriate for me. I have suffered abuse, mostly emotional,

verbal, some physical, and questionable sexual. I think I need to sort how I feel about

my sexual relationship with my husband. I think it's all interrelated somehow.

Anyway, glad I found this site. thanks for listening.

Hello Annie and Aza,

I recently went off in share your story about physical abuse ... everyone here has had a unique set of experiences but you'll find you will be listened to and supported with whatever it is you want to work through/talk about. There are some really amazing people floating around on this site!

I hope you find your way around ok.

Take good care,

~Howlite

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

welcome to after silence. :)