Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and have to say I'm a little afraid that I am alone in what I have to find out. I am a partner to someone with with Dissociative Identity Disorder who had, to put it mildly, a traumatic childhood.

We've been together 4 years now- and a bit- but they have only began displaying symptoms (is that correct?) of their illness for the last month or two. This as you can imagine is a bit of a jolt for me.

So basically I'm here to understand more, realise that they have a real problem and for advice on how to help, cope and support both myself and them.

They are a member on this site but it's prob best to keep our relationship, for now, to ourselves.

I really want to learn all I can from other members and possibly a few people who are in a relationship with a sufferer.

Sorry if I come across a little bit uneasy but I am genuinely nervous about what is to come about through talking to others about it. So far my only, poor poor listener has been my dog... bless him.

Even if just to say "Hello", I'd appreciate the welcome..

Yours in nerves,

BOJOUX

Welcome to AS :aswelcomesu:

I have been a member for a few months now and find it invaluable. I am sure you will too. The members here are all kind and caring people who are great listeners and great with advice too. I hope you find your way around easily.

Eagle

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

Hi,

welcome to Aftersilence. I am sorry for what you and your partner are going through. I know it's not easy. I'm happy you came here for support, and I do hope we can help you with everyhting you need.

I admire that you came on here, and thank you. If you do need help finding your away around the boards please feel free to send me a message.

Mandy

Newbie Support Member

welcome to after silence. :)