Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I'm Not Sure What To Say

I have no idea what to say. I am very confused. I was in a relationship with a guy for 4 years, and I loved him very much. I knew every single thing about him, and truly loved him and still love him to this day even though we have no spoken once in two years. When I was with him however, I never felt any desire for sex. I still to this day haven't felt the desire to perform or receive any sexual touching from anyone. I looked online and they describe it as Asexuality. People who do not have a sex drive and have no desire to have sex.

After I left him, and now two years ago, I was attacked while asleep.

I never reported it because I was knew to where I moved to, didn't know anyone or have any friends to help me. I can't sleep to this day properly, I sleep better during the day. I'm afraid all the time, I'm angry all the time. I am certainly afraid and untrusting of men and do not have any desire to be with a man for any reason again. These are two very different problems, but I don't know what else to do. I'm sick of being afraid of being alone where no one can understand what it was like to go through that.

I have no place to turn. I have no medical insurance so I can't even get professional help.

I hate myself and constantly punish myself and still don't understand why it happens to people at all. And why did it have to happen to me?

:hug::hug::hug: if ok.

Found

welcome to after-silence. :)

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

Hiya, welcome to After Silence :flowers: I really am sorry you're going through such a tough time and I hope you find the support you need here.

Hiya, welcome to After Silence :flowers: I really am sorry you're going through such a tough time and I hope you find the support you need here.

Hey,

Welcome to Aftersilence. I am really sorry for what you went through. Are there any local rape crisis centers close to where you live- those usually do not cost anything.

Please know you are not alone, and you have us on here. We're here to support you and listen to you.

Mandy