Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here

Hello i am new here and just wanted to say hello. I am a 37 yr old female and I was sexually abused by my grandfather for many years as a child. I have recently started family sessions with my hubby and family as I have special needs children and it was part of the treatment plan for my son to recover and learn about his bipolar. I guess to be honest i have never really thought i needed any help. In my mind it happened its done and it has no effect on me so why keep dragging in up. I have been married for 20 years have 3 great sons (20,18,14) and a beautiful grandson that my hubby and i have sole custody of(he is 2). After speaking with the family therapist(we do so over the phone it is so much easier for me) she has suggested that some of my insecurities are do to not dealing with my past.So here i am trying to deal with a past i would rather just leave in the past.

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Hiya, welcome to AS :flowers: I really hope you find the support you need here and I look forward to seeing you around the boards :)

Sorry, my comment duplicated when I clicked back to the main menu x

Edited by Wishy

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

welcome to as. :)

Hi Tigger,

My name is Mandy and I am apart of the Newbie Support Team here at AS. I want to take the time to welcome you to this site. :)

I too was abused by my grandfather. It went on for years. I always thought it's easier to just leave it, but you know in order to heal we need to face the past. It takes a lot of work but it's well worth it.

Mandy