Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello.

Decided to go ahead and introduce myself.

My name is Crystal I am 31 and I was sexually abused by my grandfather for about 9 years.

My earliest memory of him was when I was in diapers (2-3) and the last was when I was about 12.

I recently went to counseling and was getting help to recover from it. Finances are tight so counseling was the only thing I could cut. Maybe I will go back at a later date.

I have learned so much about myself lately that I always knew but am now able to put it into words and am able to share with my family and friends and my husband. And hopefully someday I can help someone else.

I tried to sign up for volunteer services to help abused and neglected children, hoping to be able to help another child just like me recover from sexual abuse. After the initial interview, I decided I wasnt ready to help anyone just yet, I need to work on myself just a little bit longer.

So I am here to learn, and share, and maybe even help someone else :)

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Welcome to AS. This is a good place to get support and to vent and to just talk. I'll glad that you've decided to join! That alone was a very brave step, especially introducing yourself right away. Thank you for posting- Welcome to the family!

:youcanheal::supportu::notalone:

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

yes. i am familiar with forums and love the way this one is set up :) I have found exactly the area I am looking for and am really glad to be here amongst others that can relate.

Hi Crystal

Welcome to AS

My name is cathy, I am part of the newbie support team here at AS, so let me know if there is anything I can do to help :)

I am sorry to here what happened when you were younger, but I am glad you found us :)

Its good to see that you can express yourself, I know that was something I struggled with and still do sometimes... but its great when you can start putiing words to it. Its great that you are so self aware too, its not always easy to recognise when you are not ready for something, that was a great achievment :)

Look forward to seeing you around the board :flowers:

Take care

Cathy :hug:

welcome crystal. :)